Author Topic: Greyson collection  (Read 5391 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Greyson collection
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:19:39 pm »
Im a lucky dog, stopped by to look at the Greyson collection after work today and got treated to a nice surprise! Dr. Greyson had stopped in a few days before with more goodies and I got a private veiwing before they have gotten put on display( how cool is that)? There's a Turkish style bow that defies the laws of physics, a couple of Yumi's that look exceptional, and a multitude of native(?) arrows....  it was toooo cooool....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Greyson collection
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:23:28 pm »
    Darn,you are a  lucky dog! :o Did you get any pictures?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:03:18 pm »
How much of his collection will they let you look through if you just drop in?  I might have to head down there for a peak.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:54:39 pm »
Some people have all the luck. Might be a good time to work on that bow that has been giving you grief.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:47:32 am »
No pics yet, gotta get permission, Lennie, they have a little on display but if you ask ahead of time they will let you see most all of it. Got the head guys biz. card, all we gotta do is call and let him know. ;D Justin, could'nt focus in class cause I was thinkin bout that bow......Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Badger

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30:58 am »
         Dr Grayson is a character, he probably has more stuff in his head than he has in his mueseum, even at 90+ years old he still dreaming up super bow and arrow concotions he wants to try out. I was really glad to see him get his well deserved place in the archery hall of fame last year. Steve

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 01:36:39 am »
I agree Steve, it was great to see him get recognized like that, hope to meet him someday, ya know he's got lots of stories to tell...Brian

Offline welch2

• redneck heathen
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »
Where is the museum?

Ralph

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 08:28:02 pm »
Ralph, its in Columbia, Mo., its part of the Univ. of Mo. Anthropology......Brian