Author Topic: Does beef come from chicken????  (Read 10979 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Does beef come from chicken????
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:04 am »

We also used to call a soda a "cold drink'  Y'all thirsty? y'sir we are.  Come on in, and have cold drink.  You got RC?  Yep.
My Brother almost had his Wife convinced that Grits grew on low bushes, and that the seeds in bananas were Tarantula eggs..... ;D
     Yeah, it pretty pathetic when adults don't know where meat comes from.  And yes like in Ireland, some actually think it comes from the super market, wrapped in cellophane, in a Styrofoam tray. I read somewhere that had a newspaper clipping where some woman was being interviewed, and she said she doesn't condone the killing of animals for meat.  When she was asked if she was a vegetarian, she replied no, I eat meat, but I get it from the Grocery store!   :o ::) It's like the guy who said that he sold his car, and doesn't contribute to carbon dioxide in the environment.  He said he no longer drives, and doesn't contribute to using up our natural resources, instead he takes the bus.  :o  I guess he doesn't understand that the bus runs on diesel...... ::)  Sadly enough, they do vote.  Some of those people you wonder how they remember their way home.  They must have TGIF written in each shoe. (toes go in first) ;D

Wayne

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 02:19:05 am »
Outside of the immediate family, i don't concern myself with it anymore. But when i was a kid the parents asks: ya'll want a coke, yea - what kind? sort of thing. As far a meat. in the 8th grade had a gall from somewhere in the NE riding the bus one day that asked me: are those cow's, haha.. Not knocking ya'll up there, i think she had never been out of the city, hmm..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 02:52:27 am »

Cowboy, you should have told her, nah, those are steers.....that should've confused her. " Mom, I saw some steers, today, and they look a lot like cows...." ::)  I wonder if they are ok to eat? ::)

Wayne

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »
Lordy,lordy,,,im glad im poor and live in the south,,,,kids around here know that kind of thing,,,, ::)  except the imported yankee ones that call coke pop,? What the hell is pop anyway???  I never figgerd that out..............

ok being that i am one of them Ynakees that call "coke"  "pop"

we will straighten something out here

coke = brand name

pop = product

if you walk into a restaurant and ask for a "coke" thats what kind of "pop" they will bring you
if you walk into that same restaurant and ask for a "pop" they will ask "what kind?"
if you go into that restaurant again and ask for a "soda" once again they will ask "what kind?"

as far as "what is pop anyway"

that goes way back to the days of the old soda fountains which were run by "soda jerks"
back then all "pop" was made at the counter when ordered,they used soda water along with flavoring to make your "soda pop" when you ordred it  ;)

pretty easy concept
i have family that was born and raised down south,and they make the same mistake ya'll did  ;D
it took some explaining for them to uderstand it too

not trying to belittle you or anything,but you did ask  ;)
Thanks for clearing that up for me  ;D  Tell me what kind of coke you like and ill buy a round ;D ;D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 03:08:10 am »
Mullet, Crown Royal? ? ?  Well, I suppose if one is going to drink "blended whiskey" then they might want to blend it a bit more with coke.  :)  Here in KY the only thing we blend our BOURBON with is a few ice cube; or a spig of mint on Derby Day.  ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Caius

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 01:42:05 pm »
Ew, bourbon? If you're not drinking Toothbrushes you're wasting your time.

And in slight relevance to the topic, as a Coach I find it tremendously amusing when kids ask funny questions or even better, if they say: I have a question! Coming back with the immediate reply: I have an answer, then continuing talking about whatever you were doing  :D
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"
Edmonton, AB

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 03:04:43 am »

Hedgeapple, I am with you, I like mine on the rocks.  I used to drink JD, but actually like Rebel Yell better.  But......I do like Crown royal, and now I like the Crown Royal Black.  I told my Girlfriend about some I had at Eddie's, and she got me a bottle, so I have saved it, and it is going to Montana with me this month.  I like Gordon's scotch, and Johnny Walker dark, and red.  I also like TullaMore Dew.  " Give every man his Dew. "  All of it on the rocks of course, or just straight up. ;)  I am just a social drinker, but now and then, I will have one here at home, but rarely. ;)

Wayne

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 02:33:52 pm »
Ill put my vote in for brother Jim Beam!!  Double shot on ice, good for what ails you!! ;D 
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 05:04:17 pm »
As far as the Coke, soda thing...my Dad was born in Savannah in 1900. When he was young they would take the trolley to Barbee's Pavilion to get dope and cheese crackers. That is what Coke was called then and for a good reason, because that is where Coke got it's POP!  Cocaine.    At one time the CocaCola Company was the only company producing pharmaceutical canine in the US. It was a byproduct of making Coke.
 Now as far as other refreshments, me and Evan Williams have had a very long relationship. Either straight up or with a little ice. Never with anything sweet!!!....and I like it all with my chicken fried steak!  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 11:33:21 pm »
🙈
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 10:39:37 am »
Thanks for resurrecting this thread, lol, it's a good one. I'm from Florida, you got to go north to get to the south but we still say coke, lol. Though there's enough transplants that in the restaurants they'll say "is pepsi OK?". As for other beverages I too am a bourbon man, Buffalo Trace, Bulluit, the good stuff, lol. The closest thing to a cocktail I enjoy anymore is a good properly prepared absinthe.

Offline DC

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 02:22:57 pm »
Feeling nostalgic Criv??

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »
Well I'm a farmer from the yankee states and I'm sure glad the people on this site know where most of their food comes from. It is sad to me though how far removed most people are from where their food comes from. How much they take it for granted that it will just always be there. The trends that just seem to pop up on a whim. The enormous amount of misinformation that floods the web. I know I'm probably risking people turning against me, but there are two sides to these new technologies. We are working with the best science we can and using it in the most responsible way we can. The "evil GMO's have saved thousands of tons of insecticides from being applied to the land. Our higher yields have save many thousands of acres of rain forests from being turned into agricultural. There is a very positive side of this story for the environment if someone would listen to it. I love the land and the environment, I want to leave it for many generations to come.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 03:26:21 pm »
I remember as a kid seeing some old guy on tv saying we don't need farmers, "because I get my meat from Safeway" (old guy was probably my age now..LOL)
it baffled me even back then that this guy thought meat was made a the store in neat blood less packages. Ed

It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 03:35:12 pm »
My wife tells a story about how her daddy (who is from Vermont) was visiting her moms family farm in UCLA (the upper corner of lower Alabama) when they were still courting, and he was asked to go help harvest peanuts, he said "Well show me where the peanut trees are and I'll help all you want", lol.