Author Topic: Attack turkeys strike again!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Attack turkeys strike again!
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:04:29 pm »
We have some crazy attack turkeys at work. When we drive in, they will charge your car. On my way in tonight, I slowed down to look at them and the two toms charged right up to the driver door. One was so close, I could have stuck my arm out and grabbed him by the head. I got my phone out and shot a short video of them. They went after every car that came in tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjcNFiq8Wo

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:55:48 am by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline ErictheViking

Re: Attack turkeys
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 12:51:27 am »
saw a video a couple months ago where this crazy turkey kept attacking the mailman's truck. Mailman had to speed btween mail boxes to beat the turkey so he could be sure the crazy thing didnt attack him with the sliding door open. must be the time of year. cool video
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 01:18:50 am »
Good thing founding fathers didn't listen to Ben and make the turkey the national bird.. Crazy funny video... We call that turkey tendors here...

How do the staves look?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:55:24 am »
They survived turkey season and are still chasing people.  My coworker took this video.  He wanted to see how close he could get.  He got a little to close.  Skip ahead to 1:00 minute.  That is where the action starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSyliuHOKoI
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Attack turkeys strike again!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:11:58 am »
When I was a kid, a neighboring farmer raised a group of 6 white turkeys.  They did that same thing, terrorizing every car that drove onto the farm.  They would hop up on the hood and peck at the windshield.  He said that year he didn't have a single salesman come to the door.  He raised turkeys for several years but never had another set like that.  We ate one of those birds for thanksgiving...good stuff.  I've butchered tame turkeys many times.  A big tom is a quite a handful when he wants to be.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Attack turkeys strike again!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 06:09:06 pm »
Lol. Wish I had them in my yard I'd lop a head off with my sword mmmm turkey
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995