Author Topic: Whats the count?  (Read 21705 times)

Offline Stingray45

Re: Whats the count?
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 07:26:40 pm »
Haven't received mine yet but also haven't sent mine out yet. Mine should be ready to go out next week sometime. I'll post some pictures on here just before shipping. It's turning out nice so far, actually used a maple board with some of the straightest grain I've found in a maple board. Backed with rawhide and did a paddle bow design, 2.5" tapering down to .5" at the tips. Bow is a little heavy right now though, the person it's for requested 45# or higher, but right now it's pulling around 65# so I'd like to get that down to at least 55#. I know alot of people say rawhide doesn't add draw weight to a bow but this thing was pulling 55#'s before I put the rawhide on. I did have a little issue with the tips so I cut those down about 1" on each side, which should have added about 5#'s and I think the other 5#'s were a result of the rawhide.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 08:54:38 pm »
Haven't received mine yet but also haven't sent mine out yet. Mine should be ready to go out next week sometime. I'll post some pictures on here just before shipping. It's turning out nice so far, actually used a maple board with some of the straightest grain I've found in a maple board. Backed with rawhide and did a paddle bow design, 2.5" tapering down to .5" at the tips. Bow is a little heavy right now though, the person it's for requested 45# or higher, but right now it's pulling around 65# so I'd like to get that down to at least 55#. I know alot of people say rawhide doesn't add draw weight to a bow but this thing was pulling 55#'s before I put the rawhide on. I did have a little issue with the tips so I cut those down about 1" on each side, which should have added about 5#'s and I think the other 5#'s were a result of the rawhide.

Sounds like a nice bow, I would suggest that if you can get it down closer to the person you are building fors draw weight it would be a good idea. I know we said get as close to the specified draw as possible but if its 10 pounds heavier than what the person you are building for  has asked for they may not be able to enjoy as much as they would if it was closer to  what they asked for, for all we know they have had an injury and the most they can shoot without hurting themself is 45 pounds. Chances are thats not the case, OR maybe you are just trying to throw us off with the bows weight ;D  Just a thought ;)
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 12:12:25 pm »
 8)
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:19 am »
 :)
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 12:56:38 am »
Still sitting on mine.  Mostly just keep forgetting to take it to work with me so I can get it in the mail.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 01:24:27 am »
dang that must be a wide bow Jon ive heard of paddle bows but not chair bows  >:D

also heard of people being an axe handle wide across the rear end ...but i guess on this site we could say a bow length across tush :D

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 11:31:45 am »
dang that must be a wide bow Jon ive heard of paddle bows but not chair bows  >:D

also heard of people being an axe handle wide across the rear end ...but i guess on this site we could say a bow length across tush :D

:D
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 11:50:50 am »
Hoping to have mine in the mail on her way to her new owner on Monday.  I have 2 small last details that need some finishing up and then into the tube!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 03:15:08 pm »
 Shipped mine this A.M. The recipient will have it Friday. Insured and delivery confermation. ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:29 pm »
Shipped mine this A.M. The recipient will have it Friday. Insured and delivery confermation. ;D

Good idea...think I'll do the same!
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »

How do you go about figuring out a insurance cost refund if broke? And can  you prove its worth the price decided if broke? Thanks just curious

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 04:10:58 pm »
Dunno Josh, not sure what the current going reimbursement rate is for "priceless"  ;D
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 04:14:54 pm »
 ;D

Offline bubby

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »
I asked them at the post office about proveing the value, and the guy said it would be real tough, I ship mine in a pvc pipe and pad the ends befor capping it off, the crush rating on that is pretty high, and sent priority it dont get kicked aroud as much, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 05:27:54 pm »
 I put fragile and it went priority. Really didn't know what to put on the value insured, but at least it something to stand on if it does get broke. Besides. Something is better than nothing 8)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2