Author Topic: Gotta take the bad with the good I guess  (Read 1014 times)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Gotta take the bad with the good I guess
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:36:02 am »
Well, this was definitely an interesting weekend. Saturday was a great day. I took two of my boys to the local Ducks Unlimited youth day. The weather was perfect, they had a great time and got to fire a live gun (.22 lr) for the first time which they loved and came away from the raffle with a brand new Henry Golden Boy .22 lr lever action rifle. Overall a great day.

Yesterday started ok but went bad quickly. Driving home from picking up two other kids, my van's alternator conked out on me. Not a huge issue, I called for a tow but I had to get my wife and six kids we had with us home still. I got a ride home to drop off a couple kids and come back with my other car. Tow truck shows up, hooks everything up and starts to drive off and the power steering in my other car cuts off for some reason, making it nearly impossible to drive. I go to tell the tow truck driver the issue and to go on without us. Then, as I turn around to go back to the car, I tear my right calf muscle. The power steering did start working again fortunately and we were able to get home safely.

So now I'm laid up in bed with my van in the shop and my other  needing to go in to get checked out (still under warranty fortunately) and I can't drive either of them, probably for at least a week or two. What a rollercoaster weekend! Thanks for letting me vent a little.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Gotta take the bad with the good I guess
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:08:47 am »
Yep,it happens like that sometimes. :) I try and always think to myself,well I guess it could be a lot worse. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:09:36 am »
I had this type of thing put in perspective Friday evening. We were at the Hill shoot having a great time, almost 100 degrees but we had a nice camper to take refuge from the heat after shooting a round. At 5pm the camper AC gave up the ghost , we hooked up and headed home, upset we were going to miss out on one of our favorite shoots.

About 20 miles north of Birmingham the interstate was blocked. It was obvious there was a bad wreck, really bad. Three life flight choppers came in, one ambulance left with it's lights out indicating it was carrying dead folk.  1 1/2 hours later the traffic started moving again. Thinking about the people involved in the wreck I realized my problems of the day were like a single grain of sand in the Sahara compared to theirs.

HatchA

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:59:58 am »
Some days you're Captain Kirk,

Other days you're the guy in the red shirt...

Hope it all gets sorted without further issue, pal.