Author Topic: Thumb Ring?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline bushman

Thumb Ring?
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:57:52 am »
I was looking for a post that was on here that showed a bunch of thumb rings, I believe that who posted it made the thumb rings. I tried to search for it but what came up wasn’t what I was look for. Does anyone know where it is? Also if you have a thumb ring I would great appreciate some photos of it and some info on the style and use. I’m tryin to make one out of cow horn.
Bushman

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
Re: Thumb Ring?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 04:16:34 pm »
Try looking on the ATARN forum, there is quite a bit of info on thumb rings there.....
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »
I had pictures of the one I made at James Parker's posted under the Campfire Section, somewhere. I'll take some morepictures for you.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bushman

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:23:31 am »
I found that thread I was lookin for.
Thanks Dragonman, I’ll take a look at ATARN forums.
Bushman

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:47:53 pm »
I used a piece of PVC pipe.  The thicker walled the better.  Save your cow horn, I had to make a ring a week for the first couple of months.  My thumb got larger, I built up calluses, and I built better rings each time.  It only takes about 20 minutes to make one with files and a round rasp.  You will also find what fits your style of shooting and release.  Bill

Offline bushman

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 03:42:25 am »
That’s a great idea, thanks Bill Skinner.