Author Topic: That Darned Wabbit!  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Young Bowyer

• What is this?
That Darned Wabbit!
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »
This may not have a bow in it, but Its still a great story.  >:D

So last night I was working in my shed, I was making string silencers, and I hear a rustling in the grass to my right, My eyes dart to the side scanning for movement, I quickly jog into my shed where I keep my BB gun, I put some pellets in my pocket, and take a flashlight, and slowly walk outside. The strange figure runs to to the middle of my yard. Perfect, I shine the light over in its direction and its bright white eyes shine like little stars. I creep over and aim down my sights at a small dark shadow. It had to be a rabbit, I saw its tail! I shoot, in a split second he runs around the yard, I sprint after him and eventually miss another shot, I chase into a corner and hes trying to get through the fence, I flip my gun around and hit him with my stock! He runs in circles in the tall grass, and then runs to the shadows, I stand here, not knowing where he went. HE GOT AWAY! My hands were now twitching with the thrill of the unexpected hunt and I watch SNL with my brother. Fin.

Grande-Storyteller YB,
"A man can be destroyed, but not defeated."
The old man from Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: That Darned Wabbit!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:13 pm »
 Nothing like a "One that got away" story. Ha !  Better luck next Wabbit.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington