Author Topic: my apologies  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: my apologies
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »
Heck, I'm still hessitant to be in this Trade gig  ;D BUT I do have the last coat of Tru-oil on the bow, it has all the scribbling on it, the waterbuff overlays are buffed and the handle has been stitched on once and I loved it so I know it fits nicely and I have one more "eye candy" to add to the bow before packing her up...I too, hope like heck my recipient enjoys it half as much as I do...it by far the best bow and work I have ever done.  That is...what this was all about for me...pushing and pushing hard, even the deadline was a nerve-wracker with 5 months but I now have picked up my bow building pace as well...

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »
Kieth, there is no need to appologize to anyone. You did your part and took a step beyond.  8) That is all anyone can ask.
  One reason I like these trades is because it allows someone that is new at wood bow building a chance to make the best bow they can. The encouyragment from others really helps a person dig deep and go beyond where they have been so far. I said at the beginning(and have repeated it over and over again) this trade is not about the bow that you might recieve but about you making the best bow you can for your recipient. In the beginning I had to ask one person to drop out because it seemed to me all he cared about was getting a bow from someone else. Since then this young guy has bloomed on the site and is actively trying to improve his ability so he can join in next year. That is the spirit of what the bow trade should be and will continue to be.
  I hope anyone that wants to join in next years Bow Trade will jump in and have fun with the rest of us. It is the spirit of giving that drives this trade and as long as I have anything to do with it it will remain that way.

I agree with this ;D (my easy way of posting on this thread)

Wildkatt I really liked the bow you  sent me though its a bit heavy I really like to shoot it and hand it to my buddys who are a bit tougher than me and watch there eyes get big when they see it spit an arrow ;D well done
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »
another rather newbie here also. and the same apprehension as many expressed. but ive made some bows that shoot really well. and this one's gonna shoot well, or i will start again even if it means being late.  like you katt, and others. am gonna do my very best.  that's all i can do. fortunately i also have a great mentor(working with osage anyways), who's always there when i have a question or concern. and i have all you good folks. who are always kind and generous with your knowledge and experience...thanks for that!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 11:32:30 pm »
This issue is dead, PLEASE let it go.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 01:54:13 am »
Wow, I was on last night and still missed the whole thing. I am sorry and surprised to hear about the drama, but hopefully everyone will take a deep, slow cleansing breath and sprinkle a little fairy love dust over their head and let the groovy waves of nirvana flow over their collective fifth chakra point and...Oh! Oh dear, I seem to be having a sixties flashback....which is weird because I was born in '68. Hmmmmmm.........

Anyway, I jumped at the chance to do the trade as I was so excited to participate in something with the rest of you. For me, that was an honor as I have never been part of any community of...well...frankly anyone, that has been as inspired in their creation/designs or as supportive in their attempts to help each other develop as those who are in this community forum.

It also inspired me to move out of my comfort zone and put together a bow that I felt was worthy of this community.

I absolutely intend to be part of the next trade, whenever it may be...maybe I should start carving now?

- Mike

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:44 am »
Enough said,we don't want this to go the way of the other, :o:o I think most understand the nature of the bow trade and seemed most everyone enjoyed it. The only reason I didn't get in was time,[not enough of it right now] :)it sure wasn't because I thought what I might receive wouldn't be good enough,any wood bow that will fling an arrows is good enough for sure. Now lets move on. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 10:15:53 am »
 I was thinking of not doing this trade, but decided to with a little nudge from a friend. I don't think I build very good bows to begin with and the one I'm sending off today for my gift is a bow design that is not in my realm of comfort.(never built one)  I think it looks nice. I think it shoots nice. and it's the best I can do. I think that's all this event was meant to be. I know when I receive mine, it will be the happiest day. (no ones ever given me a bow) I don't care if it broke on the first pull, I'd sinew it and hang it on the wall and brag about it. If it's your first bow it's a GREAT one. If it's your hundredth one, it's  still a GREAT one.
 What has happened here is a mistake on one persons part that has lead to a learning experience for all.
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline dwardo

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 03:34:50 pm »
Any chance of a UK bow trade version? Us lot feel left out  :P

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »
Drawdo I dont see why you couldnt start a thread and see if there is any interest ??? and if there was just get someone to organize it, one thing pat said is that PA is in no way involved in the trade other than letting us organise and do it on there site. I think thats about what he said. ??? You might even get some guys in the states who  want to get involved as long as there are people who are willing to ship to or fro the UK but thats up to you guys.
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline dwardo

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 03:51:15 pm »
I did think about the shipping across the pond but the costs are daft.
I will start a new thread and see how many people want to put their names down as a "maybe"

Completely understand that PA take no responsibility for the trades, thats a given.

Maybe interesting!