Author Topic: Hunting with a sling  (Read 4942 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Hunting with a sling
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »
Hey everyone,

Not sure how many guys on here use slings but does anybody know if it I legal to hunt with them in New York state? More specifically western upstate New York. Anybody know anyone who hunts with them?

Jon

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Hunting with a sling
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 09:33:50 am »
      I don't hunt with one and have'nt thought about one for years. But growing up I had one in my pocket all the time. Up untill I was aloud a 22 around 14 I had one,matter of fact everyone of my friends had one. My grandad had a pair of roosters that disliked anyone in there at there end of the yard.
  Where you had to go to get out of the yard. We'd bing them all the time with little rocks. Untill a head shot made it one he was'nt so bad alone he'd leave you alone. Also got a couple ground hogs and starilings. Got it taken away WHEN I PULLED OFF A 80 YARD SHOT AT THE NABORHOOD DOG. 1/2" BALL BEARING killed him dead with a neck shot. MY BEST SHOT EVER, NOT TO GOOD FOR THE DOG.
   But it was my friend next door was the killer. Rabbits in the evening setting out on farm roads my mom made alsome pot pie's at least a dozzen hogs. And black birds exspecially red wings that like to stick around on the cat tails. Was fair game to a couple 12 year olds when there was'nt anyone around. AND HE WAS DEADY I never could even come close to him.
  But when we got wrist rockets t
he was so good he stayed with the sling. And I struggled even then I have'nt see him in 30 years he likely has one in his pocket. I'm sure he got his kids one.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline WOODSLORE

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »
I know that in Pennsylvania its legal. so far i have taken 4 squirrels and a "lawn rat" (whistlepig) with a split pouch braided cord sling. for info check out slinging.org . hope this helps!
Paleo arts are a long sent gift from our ancestors.

If primitive meant dumb......none of us would have been born!

Offline RAU

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 01:39:13 am »
are you sure its legal in Pa? I didnt think it was? I know it used to specify slingshots and airguns (i know your talking slings not rubber banded slingshots) are not legal hunting arms