Author Topic: Tiller Check Please.  (Read 1616 times)

Offline BowJunkie

Tiller Check Please.
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:05:40 am »
O.K. This is my first bow I have built with a tiller gizmo. So I need opinions on how it looks so far.
Hackberry 64'' long overall, 62'' From  NTN, 55 @ 18''
Left limb is the top, Right is the bottom limb.
Keep in mind the right limb has a knot 1'' below the handle fade I am working around
Shooting for 55 @ 28''
Sorry my phone camera isn't the best.
Thanks
Johnny
Johnny
in Texas

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Tiller Check Please.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 01:08:39 am »
Looks good to me, the right limb about mid limb looks a bit flat and just past that looks like a hinge sneaking up on you slowly IMO get that flat spot right mid limb bending some.

Josh

In the box is where im seeing the flat spot the arrow is pointing at the hinge starting so leave it alone there IMO
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:18:31 am by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 02:07:32 am »
Josh,, you should really change your name to "Gizmo Eye"
Because I marked that limb with the gizmo right before the picture was taken, and you are dead on.
The arrow " Hinge" you marked in the picture is the only place on the limb that the gizmo did not mark .
As soon as I took the picture I called it a day and closed up the garage.
So I posted the picture for more opinions.
Good eye my friend. Anyone who has not made a tiller gizmo,,, I urge you to do so.
You would be surprised how much it speeds up the process, and its accurate.
Thanks you for your Opinion Josh.
Johnny

Johnny
in Texas

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 02:52:18 am »
Good to know I have always wanted to use one but most of the staves I have worked have to much character but I have a board bow I am working on I might try it if im in question. ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)