Author Topic: any bowyers near valdosta ga  (Read 4544 times)

Offline triggerfinger

any bowyers near valdosta ga
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:04 pm »
We are moving to Valdosta in 45 days and would like to learn to build bows, knapp, etc, etc.  I know how to do lots of stuff with guns and reloading so maybe we could swap skills.  Or if you arent into that stuff maybe we can work out a trade or something, i do gun shows for a living so I generally have stuff guys like us drool over.  And my wife is a dentist, so if you got a bum tooth and a high tolerance for  pain and dont mind if her tools say dewalt on them.........kidding.   id also love to get in on some hunting land if anyone needs to fill spaces im your guy.

By the way, my name is Dan Smith, if you went to the gun show in valdosta last week we prob met.
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
Re: any bowyers near valdosta ga
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »
not real close but im about two hours from valdasta. stay pretty busy with swing shift and family but i might could help with the bow building , i am a novice though. so if your ok with the blind leading the blind it might work  ;D

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:53:37 pm »
it would prob be more along the lines of the blind leading the blind,deaf,and dumb.....but really handsome ;D.  I appreciate the offer, if nobody is closer maybe you could squeeze a few minutes out to show me the basics.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:25:09 pm »
I'm about four hours south of you in Lakeland, Fl. I like guns. ;D, and welcome to PA.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:55:01 pm »
Mullet im pretty sure that is the opposite of near ;D.  a shame too, you seem to be pretty knowledgable

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44:41 am »
I live in atlanta not really close but If you are ever up this way I would be happy to show you a few things I know.  I have been building laminated bows for years but am new to self bows.  I have made some real nice ones though and would be happy kick back and show you a few things.  there are many good hunting ground in between you and atlanta.  PM me and I will try to get you a few numbers for some good clubs.  one I know of is 10000 acres it is a great place I have been hunting there since I was about 14 years old and have taken atleast one good buck a year if not 2 since I have been there it is great the rules are strict though only big bucks 8 points or bigger and 14 inches wide or bigger.  some monsters have been taken over the years my biggest was only a 140 inch 10pt ;D.  I run my dads pawn shop we at one time did gun shows as well.  well any way PM me if you would like more info I am in atlanta.
Welcome

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 12:47:44 am »
Murry Gaskin lives in or near Valdasta and I believe Japp Kopedreyer(sp) just moves somewhere down there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 12:51:33 am »
triggerfinger, I'll be up that way July 15,16,17, at the Alexacarrie Plantation hunting with Mechlasher, Hillbilly, and robustus on this site. In real names, Chris Cade, Steve Parker and James Parker. There's still more room for you to come also, nice place to hunt hogs with bows.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 03:49:02 am »
pat,   hopefully some of those guys will chime in!!

Mullet, if i werent ginna be in se colorado that week on a prairie dog shoot (not with bows ;D) id be in like flint!  I havent shot anything with my bow in like a week, im gettin itchy.  The last victim was a 5ft blacktip shark about 100 miles south of biloxi.

Bow nut,  Ill send a pm as soon as i figure out how.   I do tons of shows in the metro, you could help me kill a sat evening or two.  And my in laws live in Monroe, and im sure ill be hauling the kid up there alot at first.

Offline johnston

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 07:09:56 am »
Welcome triggerfinger...listen,mullet considers "near by" to mean changing planes just twice. Man do get around. And ken75 is a "novice" just like Jeter plays a little ball.

If you ask for help or a hunting party around this site well " if you build it they will come". Great people to have around too.

Lane

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:22 am »
I think Cracker on here lives close to their. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 12:30:47 pm »
Hey Pappy I'm about 3.5 to 4 hrs away. I'm the only bowyer for a 100 miles. Bartow Ga is a dead point for the primitive business.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 12:46:45 pm »
Just send you a PM to help you figure it out you will get a notice at your email account most likley.

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »
Quote from: johnston link=topic=26487.msg355671#msg355671
  ken75 is a "novice" just like Jeter plays a little ball.

it sounds like maybe i should get on his schedule then,  im sure ill need a ton of help
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:06:48 pm by triggerfinger »