Author Topic: I think I got a present!!!  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

I think I got a present!!!
« on: June 29, 2011, 01:58:33 am »
Got an e-mail today that says a package has arrived for me; however, as I am out of town until the 5th of July I do not know if this is my trade bow or not. Just in case it is I want to give the bowyer a head's up that the lack of posting/pics/comments are only due to the fact that I am not in town to pick it up. The package is safe and indoors so it will be waiting for me when I return.

If this package isn't the trade bow...well...then I wasted a few moments in the lives of whoever might be reading this.  ::)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: I think I got a present!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 04:07:05 am »
Its good to give a heads up thanks!  I have had a couple people contact me about not knowing if the bow they sent was recieved. If you recieve a bow from someone the very least you can do is let the person who sent it know you recieved it so they are not wondering if its lost in the mail or if it was recieved.

Josh
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:56:03 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:29:28 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, Almostpighunter. I'm sure the guy that built the bow for you(if that is what is in the package) appreciates you letting him know what's up. This is a good example of how this should be handled.  ;)  8)
  I'm surprised and disappointed about the lack of common courtacy some folks have to not at least notify the builder that they have recieved their bow. It only takes a minute to drop them a PM or email. After all the guy building the bow has put his time, money and best effort into building and sending this special gift to someone. The least they can do is accknowledge that they recieved the gift!  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:36:17 pm »
Well said Pat...I've sent a PM & email hoping to hear something from my recipient (since it showed delivered 6 days ago) but have yet to hear a peep.  Just hope the bow is safe and not rotting on the porch somewhere  ::)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~