Author Topic: its finished (but i dont like it )  (Read 5061 times)

Offline fusizoli

Re: its finished (but i dont like it )
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 08:28:57 am »
Wow that bend is extreme, especially on the top limb.
I think the handle is a bit long and it shorten the working part on the limbs. I would make the insert shorter and the fades flater than it could working a bit more.
Like the design, hard to make it shure.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:32:36 am by fusizoli »

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 11:25:31 am »
It's a shame it didn't turn out as good as you'd hoped, Ken.  It sure it a purdy bow though, and that's a whole lot of wood working. 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:24 am »
ken i think your bow looks fine,, you will get better performance and more working limb by downsizing the riser insert .. try making the riser 3/8 to 1/2" thick in the center and the fade outs a little shorter, then the limbs will work right off the handle,, ive built many bows very similar to yours,, this design take a little tweeking here and there,and usually ends up a great shooter........ james

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 12:30:15 pm »
thanks for the nice responses , forgot to add in the begining the total length is 52 inches with a 10 inch riser . the original recurves would torqe limbs in oppisite directions at full draw . my problem was to narrow going into the recurve. im not done with this design and the next one will have a shorter riser like zoltan and james said and the working limb into the recurve will be full width. this is a shootable bow but as was said earlier we are our worst critics. the next will be better

Scott , it really doesnt stack bad for a 52 incher,and the torqe i saw one other time i built a 50 inch recurve with 6 inch recurves and it torqed at brace just like this one at full draw was doing so i cut them down and it stopped. width into the recurve is the key i think .

Rich i cant see why a 52 incher wouldnt make 30 inches , unless its length challenged like the bowyer  >:D

lets build another one !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ohma2

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 04:11:40 pm »
i dont see a thing wrong with it Ken, very nice looking bow for sure. and yes you sure have a bend in them limbs,like that full draw.