Author Topic: Carbon arrow help  (Read 2086 times)

Offline triggerfinger

Carbon arrow help
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:32:10 am »
This roeum was namee arrowa, not primitive arrows, so if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it.

Anyhow, I need some advice on carbon arrows from some more experienced archers.  Im looking to add some archery stuff to my show inventory to give me a little more diversity.  Long story short I found a decent deal on some carbon arrows but I am not sure how the spine works.  They are made in china and I dont know if they use the same type of spine system we do.  The spines they gave me were given in a colum named "deflection" and was quantified by a 3 digit number on the riight side of a decimal.  like .400 or .500

Also they are not as straight as some better known brands, they are +/- .006 or .008 inch.  Which is way more than the .003 i see here alot.  But i doubt that makes a huge difference.  Also gpi varies from high 4s to 11 gpi.  Im not looking to put on every arrow they carry, just like the 3 most popular.  Suggestions, opinions welcomed.

Also would you use an arrow or broadhead brandyou never heard of if it was 1/3-1/2 price of the more popular stuff. 
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline BowJunkie

Re: Carbon arrow help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 02:51:01 am »
Sounds like you need a spine tester, Solve the problem real quick for any arrow.  ;D
As for the broad head, well just purchase a couple, and do your own testing and see how they hold up.
That's my 2 cents.
Johnny
Texas
Johnny
in Texas

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:12 am »
  Thats what you make arrow rakes out of right.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:58:11 am »
 I don't know? I shoot blemished Goldtips and Grizzley Sticks. They are 35/55 and 55/75. I think I'll pass on shooting a brand I don't know anything about, I've already been to the arrow "blowing up" ;) party.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:22:43 am »
Go on the Leatherwall and ask.
leatherwall.com
Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:25:44 am »
Hey look at this.  The top where is says easton spine is the deflection.  I know a 340 or .340 deflection is 80-85 spine.  http://www.3riversarchery.com/pdf/ArrowCharts.pdf
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Will H

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:19:50 pm »
I shoot .600 out of lightweight bows like 30-45#  The .500 spine works well on my bows in the 45-55# range. I have some 400s that shoot good out of my 60# bow. Hope this helps.  :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:46:17 pm »
Pardon the incoherent responses,. I'm on my phone.   Thanks for the help guys.   I'll check my out that site on the spine information.   I can't buy a few and try them out,  when importing you buy by the. 1000 and hope you made the right decision
I have nothing witty to say.......