Author Topic: Something is different...  (Read 15396 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Something is different...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 04:38:48 pm »
Hey, why can't we have a space for an avatar?  I've got one lined up.... ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 05:40:54 pm »
Hmmm... if it aint broke dont' fix it?
It was broken, we just tried to keep you guys from noticing.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 05:42:54 pm »
Hey, why can't we have a space for an avatar?  I've got one lined up.... ;D
It is an issue of memory and slowing down the forum.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline sonny

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40:07 pm »
I'm thinking that if I stick around long enough that we'll end up using the same (site) format as when Tim Baker still posted a LONG time ago...........ha!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07:53 am »
I like the new site as it reminds me of other forums I frequent. I don't like the new style because it reminds me of other forums I frequent.  :P
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline TRACY

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 10:26:36 am »
Hmmm... if it aint broke dont' fix it?
It was broken, we just tried to keep you guys from noticing.
I just thought it was my service and would not have known any different if you wouldn't have said anything Justin ;D
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

It will take some getting used to.  It isn't as comfortable as the old style, and what happened to the " replies to your posts" section?  It was convenient.  Heck, I won't remember what I commented on five minutes from now. ::)  Except this one. ;) ;D  I think. ::)  Anywho, Sarah leaves, and a new Sherriff is in town, and now the " So Cal colors " come out (Southern California) ;)  So like are there any more changes coming?  Like you know, like maybe some Maxfield Parish style pictures....... ;D 8)  Oooh, just think of all those pretty stand out colors for hunting scenes.....Oooooh on the cover of the next issue!  Right next to the Harlequin books....... ;D ;D Ok, just kidding, anywho, I will get used to it, I suppose.  I either look at it or I don't, and I want to see the articles, and postings of others on here, sooooo...... But back to the " Replies to your posts " ,thing.  What happened to it?  Was it deleted?  Is it going to be put back in? Will Lassie save Timmy?  Was Darth Vader framed?  Kinda sudden change.......I am getting old.  Old people don't like sudden changes.......We're sort of Autistic in that manner...... ::)  Anywho, that is my response to this, and I guess I will have to try to remember where I posted this, and "if "I posted this, and try to see if there are any responses to it, since there is not a "Replies to your posts" bar, or whatever you call it. :(  But none the less I guess it is sort of like breaking in a new pair of shoes....... especially if they are not the color you normally wear...... now where is a nice mud puddle?..... ::)  Hmmmm,..... well I hear the refrigerator rattling, the beer is calling my name. ;D

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »
Wayne...calm down Old Son...the "Replies To Your Posts" ....is right along side of your Avatar....see...everything will alright....maybe.... ;)..... :P..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 04:59:54 pm »
     You need to put Jackcrafty on this......he "IS" crafty!  And quick! ;) ;D 8)

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 05:01:43 pm »
     You need to put Jackcrafty on this......he "IS" crafty!  And quick! ;) ;D 8)

Wayne

Offline NTD

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »
Wayne,

You're posts always make me chuckle.  Unread posts and replies to your posts is still there, top left hand corner under your screen name.

This whole thing seems a bit retro but if it makes the forum run smoother, is less work for the admins and mods, and is required for PA to stay alive, then I guess I can deal with it.
Nate Danforth

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »

It's right along side of my what?!! :o :o  Dang!  I thought that was the cat! :o  Ok, Nate, I looked all over my screen name, and I don't see anything like that.  Uh.....is it in invisible print?  Seriously, I am not the most computer literate person, so....... ???

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 06:50:19 pm »
Primitive Archer                                                                                      * Simple Machines Forum

Hello El Destructo
    Show unread posts since last visit.
    Show new replies to your posts.
    July 03, 2011, 04:59:13 PM

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 09:21:51 pm »
Guess you can chalk it up to being too dumb to figure it out, but I cannot find a way to read the messages that I have sent in the past!   :'( A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline NTD

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

FOLLOW THE RED ARROW.  It's dang near the same spot as the old one.....
Nate Danforth