Author Topic: Something is different...  (Read 15467 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Something is different...
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 01:27:48 am »
the simple machines forum arrow on the right has to be pointing up.  If it is pointing down you won't see your name etc.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

Ok!  I got it now.  I did not know about the arrow being up or down.  Yeah, if your arrow is not up it won't work. ::)  Ok, thanks, I was trying to figure what the heck was going on.  I thought someone was yanking my chain.  Everyone was saying oh, it is right next to your name.....well ....my arrow was pointing down.  and my name was not showing like that.  I did not know that.  I now feel so humbled. :P In fact I did not even see the arrow, as I thought the little fulcrum thingy was the arrow, and I was going to ask how would I know if my arrow was pointing up or down, but then, I thought I would get too many responses to that, so I looked around a bit more, and Lo and Behold, there appeared an Arrow, that Alas was pointing down.  But yea, I did smite it with mine mouse, and it pointeth up, and there was light.  Rather bright light due to the bright colors, but there was "MY" name with all the info I had been missing.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.  Life is good now.  I hear birds, and the sun is shining again.
     Now to find my sunglasses for these pages...... 8) ::)  Thank you Calendargirl, thank you.....now to go to the home page.  Click, Click, there's no place like home, Click, Click, there's no place like home...... 8)

Wayne

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »
Wow
I been so busy, I haven't been on in a while.  This was a suprise.
Traverse City, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 12:24:19 am »
Wondered where you have been, Rick. It's faster, isn't it? ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 02:41:05 am »
I haven't noticed a thing besides the Color..as for being faster....not here...still takes forever for a Message to post...and it locks up ...or just shuts off on my Smart Phone still also...but that may just be the Droid....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 04:41:13 am »

Same here, I haven't tried it on my lap top yet.  The message just sits there.  :P I just go back to site I was at, or to another site, then check and see if it finally moved. ;)

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 10:06:19 am »
I can't tell much diference,it does to seem faster other than that,just the color
a little strange,but what the heck,I am a little strange to. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 10:52:13 pm »
Well, all other items aside, we no longer have spammers threatening to crash the site. THAT IS A GOOD THING!
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:55 pm »
 Wayne, when's the last time you cleaned all the crap on your laptop? It's a lot faster on my notebook.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »

Sheesh! ::)  I haven't tried it on my lap top yet.  As stated in the previous post. ;) However, it is now working a bit faster.  Just last night it just sat there, like before the acid rebound set in, and all these colors came out.  But tonight it actually only sat there for about six to ten seconds.  So maybe it took my PC awhile to adjust to the COLORS. 8)  It is kind of a shock to the system at first.  It is like a wart, it takes awhile to grow on you. ::) ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 11:59:28 pm »

Well perhaps, I spoke too soon.  It just about 30 seconds to move, the last post.  ::)  I guess it is intermittent.  Yes this is an old PC, but I just had it rebuilt, and some new stuff added.  It isn't any faster than it was, but it hasn't had the demons popping up, like before, and haunting the hard drive.  I was almost going to toss it in the inlet, being as how demons hate saltwater. ;)  But, yea, I had it exorcised, and cast those demons out, and it is doing much better.  Yes I do have a lot of stuff on here, but it is my computer, and I like the stuff I have on here. ;) ;D  I do defrag, and such, once a week. ;)  But like I said it is an old unit.  I haven't cranked up the new lap top and tried out this site yet.  Maybe it can take the colors..... ;D It being a newer generation and all..... ;) 8)

Wayne