Author Topic: Any Mcaap Hunters?  (Read 4757 times)

Offline okie64

Any Mcaap Hunters?
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:08:53 pm »
Just wandering if there are any other okies out there who got drawn in for the mcaap trad hunt? I got drawn for the third time but  in an area I've never hunted before.

Offline raghorns

Re: Any Mcaap Hunters?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:07:13 am »
I've never hunted there, but have been to the shoot...did you connect on your first 2 hunts?
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:10:35 pm »
Hominy, Nov 11-13.  Last time I was drawn was back in 98 or 99.  Put in every year.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:12:59 pm »
Raghorns I hope this heat breaks before the shoot.  Regular Aug. temps are bad enough. 

Offline okie64

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:19:40 pm »
Polar Bear, I got hominy too but I'm there Nov 4-6 so I guess I'll kill the biggest buck in there before you get a chance at him. HAHA

Raghorns, last year I missed a huge buck on the first morning in boggy and crippled a small buck on the last day of the hunt that I never found.  You see Polar Bear you really dont have much to worry about with me being there before you. ;)

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »
I'm not worried.  During the shoot I'll sneak to my hunting spot and hide my deer where only I can find him. >:D  If I did that Bill Starry would have me hanging from the Headquaters flag pole. :(

Offline okie64

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:20:48 am »
When do they have the shoot? I have never been but would like to make plans to go.

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:08 am »
The shoot is Aug 6-7.  Plenty hot.  Plenty chiggers and ticks.  Bring your straightest crooked arrows.  Most shots are short and trashy.  Don't forget to sign up for the Velvet Tour.  You will see some great bucks.

Is this your first hunt at McAlester?  Look me up when you get there.  I am the old man with long white hair and beard.  I will be working at the sign in table for the shoot.

By-the-way, you can come in on Thursday afternoon.  Lots of vendors.

Offline okie64

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:08:17 pm »
I'm gonna try to make plans to make it to the shoot. From what I understand they have a category for selfbows only? I'm gonna have to give that a shot.

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26:20 pm »
Selfbow round is on Sunday.

Offline woodstick

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 11:32:33 pm »
the shoot is great i go every year, it is hot and bring you a little fold up chair you will wait for a while on alot of targets. i will be there ill be the only one guaranteed with camo tattoed arms. i been to homiany 3 times great area. i missed out this year but got one better im goint to witchata mountians on a elk hunt. see ya at the shoot i hope. god bless to all.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 01:34:03 am »
Tim, will you be sporting your coyote quiver?    8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC