Author Topic: ASTB Charity Bow (changed handle)  (Read 5360 times)

Offline dwardo

Re: ASTB Charity Bow
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 01:27:30 pm »
Lovely bow, how did you finish the back? Looks stunning.

Offline Will H

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 01:59:19 pm »
That is a beautiful bow! Love the back! Stunning!!  :o :D ;D
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 10:00:51 pm »
If you can't get to the State Championship shoot, the return address on the box is good.  You don't have to get in a rush, the Childrens' Hospital shoot is in March of next year.  If possible, I would like to get the bow at the dinner, actually Chris, he's the president, and let people see it and start drooling and saving their pennies.  Eric Krewson made the bow for the last Childrens' shoot, the year prior, Bud Kent and I made a knife for the auction.  Bill

Offline wvarcher

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 10:47:28 pm »
Definitely like to see more pics!  Good job on everything!

Lombard

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 01:34:31 am »
Thank you all so very much for the kind words.

Same idea to get the patterns as what RyanO does with the leather dye. I used Ritt dye, and instead of the bag, some old ratty wool cloth all frayed to crap. Used a base color of Florida Orange, and then did the different patterns with forest green, scarlet, and royal blue. It is the first time trying the dye like this, and it was fun experimenting with the patterns. Ended up with the tip overlays because I made a mistake on the nocks, and didn't want to shorten the bow any.

Hope to see you in August Bill, if not I'll get the bow shipped to you.

Offline juan lopez

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »
Beautiful bow, and I hope your wife and the best, God is with us, Greetings

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »
 I'm glad to see that date, Bill. It will give me more time to get the bow finished without rushing for my donation.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Lombard

Re: ASTB Charity Bow (changed handle)
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 10:43:56 am »
The leather handle wrap was the last piece of suitable leather that I had. It had to be stretched a good bit to close the gap, so it was soaked in warm water to try and ease it together during stitching. I guess as it dried it was just to much as one of the stitches pulled through the leather.

Took it off and added a hemp wrap instead. It took twelve and a half yards of #20 hemp to wrap the grip. Set in white school glue, and when that was dry, a couple coats of matte acrylic.

Lombard

Re: ASTB Charity Bow (changed handle)
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 11:55:21 pm »
Presented it to the ASTB this afternoon at the Tannehill shoot, hopefully it will raise some money for the kids. Eddie, Sterling says to say hello right back at you, and he means to get back down there sometime.