Author Topic: My meager ability...  (Read 1035 times)

Offline GooseGossett

My meager ability...
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:20:54 pm »
So I sat in with TimO and Shane up at MOJam to gather a wealth of knowledge about flintknapping.  I gathered a bunch but on the way back to Arkansas I think I chunked it out the window of the truck.  James gave me a couple of spalls to work from my last day and I fiddled around with them a bit.  I came home and it's been over 100 degrees for the past month so I figured I was going to have to sweat to do anything and went outside.  Here's where I got in the time I spent.  I still haven't figured out getting my pressure flaking to go to center line or past for that matter.  I took a picture of my best one for an example and by best one it isn't much to speak of.  I'm still great at creating steppes that's for sure but I think I got it thinned out better than before.  Criticisms please!

1 John 3:18 "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. "

Offline Timo

Re: My meager ability...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:15 am »
Hang with it Goose, you'll get there, big learning curve ya know?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:08:30 am »
You have some nice thinning flakes and it looks like a real preform. Looks like you had some real good teachers.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 02:03:09 am »

First of all you are working some tuff looking stuff, and second of all your flakes are running almost to center.  I think you are well on your way to getting it down. ;)  Looks good so far.  Get a fan, and get back out there! ;)  Oh, and some cold beer..... ;D ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 02:07:25 am »
Practice, practice, practice. Your doing better than I did at first.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!