Author Topic: crystal eye in Burlington  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Tower

Re: crystal eye in Burlington
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 12:13:34 pm »
Thats real nice. Good looking notches too.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 12:59:25 pm »
Hey thanks tower.  Check out these notches.   I was real happy with the size but as I focused on the technique I lost sight of there directions.   I forgot to keep redrawing the lines.  Anyway this is what I got out of the eyeball piece.  It had a crack that went deep and finally broke when it was 1/4 thick. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:43 pm »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 01:34:17 pm »
Still pretty.  A shame it was cracked there, but the point is still great.  Your notches are soooo much better than I can do.  I did a point this morning that went from a knife blade to a long arrowhead to a short arrowhead and from corner notched to stemmed.  Not much else I could have messed up and still gotten a point. :'(  Anyway, sorry for the digression, I really like that burlington. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Tower

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »
Nothing wrong there. Looks good to me. When notching it the notching platform doesn't look right don't try it till it does. If you try to force it it will pop!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!