Author Topic: breakfast 110grain novaculite fast point  (Read 1079 times)

Offline iowabow

breakfast 110grain novaculite fast point
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:32:27 am »
I made this point while waiting for the bus to pick up my son for school.  I do have to go to work now :-[
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

Re: breakfast 110grain novaculite fast point
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »
I think this post is proof that there should be AA (arrowheads Anonymous) for flint knappers.

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:36:27 pm »
A A meetings are for people who have uncontrollable habits or addictions.I do not fall into neither . I have complete control of my habit, & I refuse to call myself an addict. After all if I had an addiction I'd be knapping in the car, livingroom, waiting on my kids bus, or in my truck at work.  I'd look at every rock in the landscaping at local business, what addiction I deny an addiction I will only admit to being a member of a very small group of lithic artisans, dedicated to restoring a long lost craft that enabled my species to flourish in the harshest environment this world has thrown at us. What addiction? OK I've got to go. Just remembered I received a box of rocks in the mail that might need a little reducing. Adios.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:27:23 pm »
That was great! very funny.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:16:34 pm »
I had the addiction but have since mellowed out a bit ::). You are eat up with it though ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:34:00 pm »
I've been taking my tools w/ me every where I go.  I spent my lunch hour today chippin' rock under the shade tree.  My wife finally got on me lastnight when I was out on the porch chippin away and she came out and stepped barefoot on a sliver.  She said "No more knapping on the porch!"  Ended up in the yard getting eaten alive by bugs, but do you think that stopped me.  ;D  I gotta go scratch my bites.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)