Author Topic: Osage Trade Bow (2nd attempt) COMPLETED - new pics  (Read 11530 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: Osage Trade Bow (2nd attempt) COMPLETED - new pics
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 07:59:46 pm »
Whoa! That caught my attention!  That is some kind of beautiful !  Outstanding finish work.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »
@ErictheViking...same ol' Lee on this end  ;D just wanted to push hard and make sure I held up my end of the deal on the whole "Trade Bow" thing.

@Gun Doc...thank you very much, I really appreciate the kind words.

You folks have been way more generous with the accolades than anyone deserves.  It's all about the bows, the sport and the folks who enjoy it!

Thanks!!!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 07:39:59 am »
Nothing goes together like black and gold, love how u finished her off!!!!!way to overcome those bumps and twists...nicely played  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 04:57:36 pm »
Just thought I'd add my WOW to the WOWs,thats an awesome bow you created there,and though I've never worked osage I can see you done that piece proud,love the handle and tip work-Hammertime

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06:42 pm »
Really nice job Lee, and you finish up like a pro!
I love those tips man, they shine like a brand new bullet.......very nice!  ;)
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 09:11:29 pm »
Thanks Hammertime!

Semo, thanks a ton bud...this has been a cool, quick ride and I look forward to it's Journey.  Got a couple more in the hopper, a Syringa sapling bow, another Osage and a western paddle bow out of Sassafrass back with rawhide (maybe sinew also)  This stuff is WAY too addictive and there are so many directions and options to pursue  ;D

~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 03:38:39 am »
I still want a money shot from the new owner of this bow >:D Lee You put allot of work into this bow and it turned out great IMHO, Im a little disapointed that some of the people receiving these great bows arent doing more to thank the people who worked so hard and put so much time and effort into something. Well done Lee!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2011, 07:33:06 am »
Thanks for the kind words Josh...much appreciated.   8)

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2011, 02:05:03 pm »
Great  job Lee. Really nice work. Bet it shoots like a dream. I love those horn overlays too. I have'nt done any. Maybe someone can do a tutorial on how to do those and maybe antler as well.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2011, 02:52:29 pm »
Thanks Danny.  I think if you dig through all the how-to's and other bow building threads you can find a thread that shows how do the horn/antler overlays.  I have a Hickory bow I am working on at the moment...it will likely have cherry bark backing and I may use the left over pieces of horn from this Trade bow on this Hickory bow.  If I do I'll try to remember to do a photo journal of my steps but remember...I am a newbie on this bow stuff so you may not want to follow my methods  >:D
~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold