Author Topic: Best Shot Ever  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Best Shot Ever
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »
this was probably one of the best shots i've ever made.  this was a free handed 63 yard shot on a 75# sow.  the bullet hit exactly where i was aiming and took out both lungs and opposite shoulder.  not sure if it was luck or skill but it's in the cooler.  got him on tim beach's alexacarrie plantation.  we all had some luck this weekend.  hopefully the rest will post their pics.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:45:08 pm by Mechslasher »
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Best Shot Ever
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:07:12 am »
Nice, great shooting!

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:43:19 am »
Good shooting Chris. You mean Hillbilly actually got one.  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:23:53 am »
oh no, he got two!  loading and skinning them almost wore him out.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:25:38 am »
What was he shooting?      I'll bet it was steamy down there!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jham

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:53:03 am »
That is one heck of a shot for that distance, I would have to have a rest to even think of shooting 63 yards with a pistol. Nice looking handcannon. What load were you using? thinking of trying for a hog with the super blackhawk this year.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:09:44 am »
Nice shot Chris,meat in the freezer. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:11 am »
 I'll get some pictures up when I get home this afternoon. And Steve Parnell got his first pig, also.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »
j, i'm using winchester factory load these days.  these are giving me a 4" group at a 100 yards with this pistol.  when i reloaded, i used 25gr. of 296 behind a 240gr xtp bullet.  it was a hot load and i used it to take over 30 deer and a black bear with this pistol.  this pistol has been fine tuned to be a long range gun.  i replaced the factory trigger with a 2.5# custom trigger and all the internal parts have been polish to slick up the action.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline hatcha

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:25:39 pm »
Looks tasty! ;)

Offline triggerfinger

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:37:54 pm »
Chris,  is that a GP100 or 686. looks like the gp to me in the pic.  Fine pistol, i killed an antelope at similar range with mine 2 years back.  Great shooters.
I have nothing witty to say.......

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »
Mighty fine shooting well done
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:39 pm »
Pat, hog hunting's not hard if you use something besides a pointy rock tied to a stick to kill them with. :D They were too scattered and skittish this time of year to get bow shots, but we all took something a bit more modern and accurate to bring some meat down with this time. >:D I'll post pics tonight.

Yeah, that was a helluva shot Chris made. We went over there and stepped it off. I was impressed. I'd be doing good to hit a volkswagon at sixty three yards offhand with my .44.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 07:08:34 pm »
 That was a heck of a shot. He could have probably stretched it out a little farther if he had been wearing a Hawaiin shirt and flip-flops.  ;) Here's the first one I shot,#166 and maybe Chris can post Steve Parnells first pig, another good shot for someone that has never fired a high powered rifle and my second pig I got Sunday morning in less than an hour from pants on to pig hanging. The setting got changed on my camera and I can't reduce them enough.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 07:43:41 pm »
thanks fellows!

trigger, it's a s&w 629 classic with a 6.5" barrel.

here are some pics of steve's first hog and eddie's.  not even gonna go into how lucky that little b@*&$ is.  it took eddie about 15 min. from the time he put his boots on to when he killed this one on sun. morning.  steve made a heck of a shot on his hog, concidering is was the first time shooting at a hog. 

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:36:15 pm by Mechslasher »

G. Gordon Liddy