Author Topic: Hello! 3 bows..  (Read 4715 times)

Offline medicinewheel

Re: Hello! 3 bows..
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 04:55:18 am »
Hello Kristof, welcome to PA!
Nice bows you made here!
Where are you in Belgium? I live in Germany right by the Belgium border close to St.Vith.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »
Excellent looking bows.  Love them all.  The knotty character staves are always my favorite...not sure why but I am sure I love em.

I was lucky to find a local grove of pipe straight Black Locust and harvested one about 2 months ago, can't wait to try my hand on this wood.  I should probably go harvest a few more trees while I have permission.

Welcome!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline GetWood

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 06:24:56 pm »
Thank you EVERYBODY!!  ;D
I appreciate it very much! @ medicinewheel: I live in limburg,(flemish part) not so far away from the german border :) Achen is quite near by were i live.. Bout 35min drive..St.vith is a bit further for that matter
@Lee Slikkers,I would  take whatever you can get out there! I love Locust! Its definitely my favorite kind of wood! somtimes a little tricky, but you learn very fast when you work this wood! Tread it like osage. but i heard its a little bit less forgiving..
@juan lopez: Feel free to use them man! im glad you like em :) ow and the little guy is painted, and the feather is spray painted with a stencil..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:28:55 pm by GetWood »
Uugh!