Author Topic: "Perfect" damascus steel broadhead for boo/cane arrows?  (Read 31098 times)

Offline markinengland

Re: "Perfect" damascus steel broadhead for boo/cane arrows?
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 05:13:49 am »
Mullet,
They weight around 340 grains. This weight could be reduced if the tang is either thinned for a tradepoint type fit or made narrower to fit down a boo/cane shaft.
Mark

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »
Cool, that's what I was thinking.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 10:00:25 pm »
Mark are you selling any of these yet?
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:19 am »
  That second one downs not bad a little narrow. I don't care for heads that attach like that. But damascus. LOOKS are nice but they have to be temper to match the steel.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline markinengland

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 04:19:44 pm »
CherokeeKC,
Yes, on ebay.
Crooketarrow,
The heads have been tempered as would be done for a knife. Seem to cut pretty well.
Mark

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:48 am »
  Thats a grat looking head but for general hunting. It's to wide for me a lot of addad weight for hunting. Get I've MADE AND SHOT dozzens of different designs. Although HOWARD HILL FAVORED THE 3 TO 1 RATUO. I found out people in general like looks and not whats better in general.
  I make some every year for people.I've settled on 2 3/4 x 1 1/8 ,16 th, 5 30 seconds even 1/8's very good looks plus practial in hunting. WEIGHTING 190 to 250 depending on thickest. Not barbs the shoulder have to be well tapered for easy target removeal.
  Yes I perfer the tie ons theres no way of keeping those heads with the long tang FROM PULLING OUT WHEN PRACTICING. The tie ons are much more practial even on cain arrows.
  Those points are hand make one at a time so I know there exspencive. If for looks for hand made heads email me maybe we can work out a deal. I can hand build most within 2 ro 3 gains of each other. Each point takes a lot of time and damascus is not a cheap metal. I'm sure you've already found out.
  I sent you some pic's. Don't know if you got them. For some reason I can send to some ,some I can't. I've try ( GEORGE) gstoneburg and can't but have others why who knows.
  Tell me if you receved the pic's. I'll try again.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Kay

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2011, 11:55:44 am »
Hello,

I just put an ad in the magazine that we have a complete line of bamboo arrow-making supplies, including damascus reproductions of Japanese and Chinese arrowheads. I've attached a photo showing some of what we have.

Kay.