Author Topic: Trade bow teaser  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Michael C.

Trade bow teaser
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:09:43 pm »
Sent this out today and since I only have two hands you will have to wait till the recipient has it in their hands for the money shot.
Osage 66" t2t 53# @ 28" bottom limb has a dip one knot and a few knot holes just big enough to put a needle all the way through to clean out, shoots great, at least I think it does :) Hope the recipient likes it.

"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Trade bow teaser
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:12:22 pm »
That looks great! Well done!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:27:03 pm »
Very nice bow Michael. Well done.

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:55:29 am »
Wow, well done :)you did an overall good job. the bow looks fast
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 02:00:13 am »
 ;D Nice  ;D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:16:37 am »
Thanks, I had a hard time putting it down after I shot it in. The biggest goal I had when making it was to make a bow that I would feel confident to hunt with myself and I can say for certain this one did me proud. It was an ugly piece of wood when I first started and since we had plenty of time I didn't worry at all about breaking it and starting on another before the deadline. The only thing that I didn't do that I really wanted to but didn't because I was nervous about messing it up was to add some design on the back of the bow. I didn't know how practical a bright pattern on the back would be for hunting either.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 02:30:48 am »
Whooohooo!!! I am in Cincinnati Ohio at the NACC and am looking at this on my phone and I love it. Whether it shoots great or not it has a look that I like a lot.
Can't wait to hold that thing for real.
Can I just say "sweeeeet".
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Mark Anderson

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 05:55:12 pm »
The bow is awesome!!! Got to shoot it a bunch last night while the kiddos were in the wading pool trying to stay cool. It is fast! And it will put three arrows into a nice 3" group at 15-20 yards. (disclaimer: two of the arrows are underspined a bit so they get a tad wobbly so when I get my cane cured I will probably have to shoot one at a time so as not to injure another arrow). This was a much harder build than the pictures show, the character in the lower limb would have had me scared if I built it, but Michael has done a superb job on it. I will be carrying this into the woods with pride!
Thanks Michael!
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 07:05:25 pm »
Really pleased that you like it Mark, hope to see it get some meat for you this fall. It seems like most of my bows have that weird kink bend in at least one of the limbs, so I've had a bit of practice with that :)

Cicero

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 01:42:11 am »
Congrats to both of you. glad your proud of your work Michael(I love the bow btw).
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Keenan

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 03:05:58 am »
Sweeeeet! looks like a very nice bow, ;)

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »
Elegant lines and nice color.
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Mark Anderson

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 08:17:25 pm »
Here's the full draw picture. Just took it this morning, been to busy shooting it to take time to get some pics.
Mark

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 03:32:45 am »
Sweeet is the right explitive. Very well done. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God