Author Topic: First Osage! (Man I love this wood!)  (Read 4649 times)

Offline 4est Trekker

Re: First Osage! (Man I love this wood!)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »
Very nice and clean work.  I would be wary of the crack in the last picture just to the right of the writing.  Have you saturated it with superglue?  I would do that, and then wrap the area with silk thread set in glue.  But again, very nice looking weapon!
"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 01:32:43 pm »
Super nice Mark really like the tips and the string grooves you made.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »
Very nice bow. Good photos too, I liked the "down the arrow" shot, it makes me feel like I'm sitting on the back of the arrow ready to go on a wild ride! Your handle looks really nice as well.

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »
Thank you for all the comments guys. 4est, the crack looks much worse than it really is, it is just a bit that lifted while I was using steel wool on the transition to the fades. I almost removed the bit completely but decided to leave it. The pictures were taken before the last few coats of laquer were applied and I did glue it down before I finished it.
Thanks again all. And Del it does spit the arrows, and fast. I want to see if my buddy will shoot it through a chrono sometime, I'm guessing it might be in the high 160's fps but I could be way off.
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline swtchbckshtr

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 06:46:43 pm »
you did a awesome job on this bow, I hope my first turns out like this, got a good story behind it to boot, thanks for sharing..

Offline gmc

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:15 pm »
Very nice work.

The tiller looks great on that bow.
Central Kentucky