Author Topic: Northern Community Bow Credits  (Read 14033 times)

Offline Gordon

Northern Community Bow Credits
« on: July 03, 2007, 12:36:56 am »
I have started this thread in order to help Pat provide the information he needs to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Pat needs to provide a description of the process and all who contributed. If you contributed to this effort in any way please respond to this thread by describing what you did. I'll start.

I installed cocobolo tip overlays, applied aTru-Oil finish, and made a string out of fast-flight+.

Gordon Ferlitsch
Tigard, Oregon
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:05:00 am by Gordon »
Gordon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Northern Community Bow Credits
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:46:13 am »
Thanks Gordon. This will be a big help.   I'll start another for the Southern Community Bow.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gordon

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:06:45 am »
Come on guys, time to fess' up...
Gordon

Offline Dane

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:35:49 am »
I wont be able to get to it this week (and yeah, I am working on the 4th), but I will troll through the orginal Southern and Northern threads and figure out who did what. And, I have a few folks who emailed me with what they did (Cowboy, etc) for the projects.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 10:11:38 am »
Thanks Dane.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dane

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 10:29:21 am »
My pleasure. And I am shamed to admit, I just finished both bow socks this week. I had to redo the way they tie shut, and that took a while just to figure out how to do it. One has fantastic selvege (the edges of the woven fabric), that I was loath to mess with, but the deed is done (hardest thing for me to do well when weaving). I'll have those in the mail to you next week.

Dane

jamie

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 06:39:05 am »
quiver and arrows

Offline Dane

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 08:53:41 am »
Thanks, Jamie. But what kind of quiver, and arrows?

Actually, the threads for each bow will have that data - not just what kind of arrowheads, but what kind of materials were used for them? Not just arrows, but what kind of shaft materials, fletching materials used, hide glue or sinew for attaching, tapered or not, nock inserts or self nocks, all of that good stuff.

The whole story can't be told otherwise.

Dane

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 09:56:57 am »
Would everyone please add where you are from.   Thanks,   Pat

Offline Dane

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 10:18:51 am »
Pat, put up the draft list in the Soutern thread, and I did not forget your mighty fine string.

I'll get to the Northern list as soon as I can. And yes, where each person is from would be helpful.

Dane

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:37:09 pm »
Will everyone envolved with the CBP please e-mail me with your name(and website name if you'd like), where you are from and what exactly you did I'd appreciate it. I'm goint to write a letter to the folks at the organization with pics and this other info.   Thanks,   Pat

<Marciaandpat@citcom.net>

jamie

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 04:35:30 pm »
jamie leffler, connecticut, made footed shafts . i think they are purple heart and sitka with wild turkey fletches and silk barber pole wrap. im gonna contact keenan cause i think he has them and would know what i did. quiver was egg tan i think from a deer i shot a year or two back

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 11:10:58 pm »
Pat, I added a double sided arrow shelf of leather and a beaver tail handle wrap. Ryan O'Sullivan Waterford Pa.
Ps. I need your adress so I can send you the bow, or should I send it to its final destination to save on shipping? ???
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 01:05:06 am »
Ryan, Would you like to be the "holder" of the Northern Community Set until it's ready to go to the final destination?  ;)   We can figure which bow goes to where after we find out if RMEF and the Wild Turkey Federation are interested.      Pat

Offline Gordon

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 12:42:55 pm »
Ryan, any chance you could take a few pictures of the finished bow? The last pic you posted was underexposed and it was difficult to make out the detail. I'd sure like to see it before it is auctioned off.
Gordon