Author Topic: OSAGE STATE  (Read 3553 times)

Offline woodsrunner

Re: OSAGE STATE
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:54 pm »
Kansas has quite abit but its easier to get to and normally better growth rings in Oklahoma. Most farmers will let you cut you fill in either state. Just ask first.  ;D ;D ;D
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Offline okie64

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 10:55:20 am »
I've seen more in south-central Oklahoma than anywhere else. I know Arkansas and Missouri have lots of it too. I've heard Texas has quite abit but that cant be true cause nothing good comes out of Texas. >:D

blackhawk

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 04:25:30 pm »
that cant be true cause nothing good comes out of Texas. >:D

Amen brother....ain't that the truth..lol :laugh:

But yeah...the midwest and those plains states mentioned has plenty o hedge

Offline JonW

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »
I have harvested Osage in OK, AR, and MO. I think I've seen more in MO than anywhere. I live in AR and I believe the straightest and less narly stuff I've gotten here in NW AR. The Osage in OK and MO look like very large bushes.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 03:26:59 am »
Forget a state osage outlaw can't climb over his pile he may need help :o id go there :-X  ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline SA

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 04:13:14 am »
I have harvested Osage in OK, AR, and MO. I think I've seen more in MO than anywhere. I live in AR and I believe the straightest and less narly stuff I've gotten here in NW AR. The Osage in OK and MO look like very large bushes.

true but you have too know where to look ie. creek bottoms and dense forest will give you the straightest trees..
Shawn Acker

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 04:44:53 am »
Forget a state osage outlaw can't climb over his pile he may need help :o id go there :-X  ;D

That was our only one ;)   All gone now >:D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left