Author Topic: Osage staves....anybody got any for trade?  (Read 1898 times)

mikekeswick

Osage staves....anybody got any for trade?
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:24:01 am »
Hi guys. It's been a long time since I made an osage bow and i'm getting the itch to make another!
So do any of you guys have some spare staves? I'm looking for a few if possible from 64 inches to about 70 would be perfect. Billets would be fine (might work out cheaper to post?).
I'm looking to make a recurve and a couple of flatbows so I would want a stave about 2 inches wide to start with for the recurve and 1 1/2 inch for the others. Ideally I'd like a clean, straight stave for the recurve but knots, twists etc fine for the others.
I can  trade a bow or custom arrows - ;) :) footed, same spine and weight matched to +/- 5 grains. Or maybe some staves of stuff you can't get? Or a combination of the above!
Many thanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:30:30 pm by Pappy »

Offline Dean Marlow

Re: Osage staves....anybody got any for sale/ trade?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:23:57 am »
I have several nice Osage staves. I am in need of some good arrows also. Dean

mikekeswick

Re: Osage staves....anybody got any for sale/ trade?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:20:49 am »
Nice!
What would you want for 3 staves? I can make any type of arrow you want. I should have said i'm in England so if you work out postage we can go from there.
Thanks

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
Re: Osage staves....anybody got any for trade?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »
Dean,   
 Hello, been looking to acquire 3 staves anywhere from 62 to 68".  I can make you some nice bamboo or poplar arrows complete with trade points and throw in a reflex deflex bamboo backed Osage tri lam brand new for some staves. Your choice of draw weight and draw length?
Cool picture. 
Jim K Boswell

TurtleCreek

Re: Osage staves....anybody got any for trade?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:15 am »
  here's 2 I have