Author Topic: 230 grain spear point  (Read 1715 times)

Offline iowabow

230 grain spear point
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
Another spear point.  Someday I will have to do a hunt with these spears I have made.

(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: 230 grain spear point
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:39:44 am »
Another great lookin' point John.  I made one nice preform outta some of that white rock today, set it aside, and broke three more right in the middle about the time I was feeling good about them.  Guess I wasn't supporting them well enough.  Hard day for me.  Is that point from the new batch of stone? 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 01:56:24 am »
That looks great, id love to see it in action!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 07:26:37 am »
looks awesome
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 08:35:42 am »
You just keep rolling em out John. That one looks good too. Wonder how many you've made in the last three months?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:47:58 am »
This is from the bottom of the barrel stuff I have been setting aside.  I have not started the bake yet because it has been raining.   I was hoping for a window Monday afternoon.  I really hate breaking good preforms.  I always break them because I forget to check the midline.  When the stone is thicker it can handle a mistake like that but when it starts getting thin it just breaks.
Another great lookin' point John.  I made one nice preform outta some of that white rock today, set it aside, and broke three more right in the middle about the time I was feeling good about them.  Guess I wasn't supporting them well enough.  Hard day for me.  Is that point from the new batch of stone? 
You just keep rolling em out John. That one looks good too. Wonder how many you've made in the last three months?
I think I have made about 25 or maybe a few more.   I don't post all of them because they look a lot alike.  I am going start making a lot of 125 grain points this winter that have straight sides like a knife. I really like that look.  Anyway thanks for all the positive feedback. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:52:33 am by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!