Author Topic: Newest Knife and Sheath  (Read 1651 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Newest Knife and Sheath
« on: September 27, 2011, 02:18:43 pm »
I never know where to post these, I'm on this post more than Prim. Skills, so here goes.  I made this knife outta a circ. blade.  Sister to the one I etched a few weeks back and posted.  The gut hook is the tip of the saw point.  I cut it out large w/ a plasma torch, cut to size w/ a chisel and used a pedestal and angle grinder to shape w/ file and strop to sharpen.  The leather is scrap I buy for cheap @ a local leather shop.  I used this piece as was.  When I first got it done, I really didn't like it too much, but wore it all day yeasterday and it wears pretty good and seems practical too.  I figured I'd keep a couple pair of gloves and a rag and cord in there when traveling light in the field or when stumping, maybe some hot glue, a lighter, some thread, some points, stuff like that.  The bag has a gusset that is a little hard to see in the pics.  Thanks for lookin', and what do you think?  Derik Gratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline cracker

Re: Newest Knife and Sheath
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:54:45 pm »
That's pretty cool I like the different spin on the gut hook. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:01:12 pm »
Thanks for the reply Ron.  I've been wearing it for a couple of days now q/ just the knife.  It is fairly unobtrusive (?), it doestn't get in the way. 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »
Different spin on the sheath and the style of knife but I like it!  Way to go
Aim Small...Hit Small