Author Topic: first tree rat with air  (Read 2306 times)

Offline aznboi3644

first tree rat with air
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:00:13 am »

Was hunting in my back woods today and saw this dude 15 yards away 20 feet up in a tree.  All I could see was his head and shoulders peaking around the tree.  Lined up the cross hairs and let a 10.5 grain dome pellet fly.  Hit him right in the head where I was aiming.  His fell over and dropped to the ground.  His heart was still beating when I picked him up so I gave him another one to brain behind the ear.

He was easy to skin.  Hes waiting in the fridge to be cooked up.  And his hide is tacked up to a board going to be a future bow string.  I didn't know squirrel skin was this tough!!! some thick stuff for these little buggers.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: first tree rat with air
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:03:10 pm »
You can strip and split the tail to make string silencers with it. Im glad to see your utilizing this one!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »
10.5 grain dome pellet

Hehehe, that's right where you put it...in his dome!  Nummy nummy tree rat.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Kpete

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:08:39 pm »
PD,
Doesn't having a squirrel hanging by his tail from your bowstring cut down on arrow speed?  Really, do you tan or treat the tails before you wrap them on the string?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:51:59 pm »
You funny man Kpete! No tanning or treating. Let them dry down good and wrap them on like beaver fur or any other fur.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.