Author Topic: Billy Berger will be on Discovery Channel This Sunday!!!  (Read 27017 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Re: Billy Berger will be on Discovery Channel This Sunday!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2011, 10:50:23 pm »
I agree with you Eddie.  Very good show.  Maybe Billy will clear it up with some info.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »
Billy probably can not say too much ???
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2011, 01:58:31 pm »
Billy probably can not say too much ???

I agree. If I walk out to the pasture a nock a cow in the head with a rock and put it on t.v. I can declare myself capable of surviving a primitive lifestyle. More fuel for the anti's.
Genesis 27: 3

Offline iowabow

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:23 pm »
Hey really... farm or no farm to hit an elk from that distance was cool.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 04:25:34 pm »
tame or wild, i think we might be selling the shot a bit short.  while i think the shot was 1 in a 1,000,000, no one could have stuck the bull in a better place to bring it down concidering the fellows skill level.  i'll take luck over skill any day when it comes to surviving!  as to the other aspects of the show, the "experts" predict that millions if not hundreds of millions of people will starve if or when our civilization callapes due to plague or nuclear holocast because they won't have the stomach to eat what would need to be eaten to survive.  i think this show proved that beyound a doubt.  also, all that laying about by the lazy ones, would not be tolerated long in a true survival situation.  one of them may find themselves on the grill.  i almost fell out of my chair when the fellow said i'm not sleeping with any of them, why should i feed them.  makes you wonder where the true motivation was for paleoman.  the only part about the show that left me wondering was when the fellow said he had only eaten seven fish all week.  with all the miles of stream that had to be around, if there was seven trout there had to be a couple hundred more.  i myself like the taste of baked trout and would hunt the hell out of them.  i did think a couple of times what the show would have been like if they also would have included james parker in the mix?  would have made a heck of a docu/comedy for sure.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2011, 12:11:41 am »
tame or wild, i think we might be selling the shot a bit short.  while i think the shot was 1 in a 1,000,000, no one could have stuck the bull in a better place to bring it down concidering the fellows skill level.  i'll take luck over skill any day when it comes to surviving!  as to the other aspects of the show, the "experts" predict that millions if not hundreds of millions of people will starve if or when our civilization callapes due to plague or nuclear holocast because they won't have the stomach to eat what would need to be eaten to survive.  i think this show proved that beyound a doubt.  also, all that laying about by the lazy ones, would not be tolerated long in a true survival situation.  one of them may find themselves on the grill.  i almost fell out of my chair when the fellow said i'm not sleeping with any of them, why should i feed them.  makes you wonder where the true motivation was for paleoman.  the only part about the show that left me wondering was when the fellow said he had only eaten seven fish all week.  with all the miles of stream that had to be around, if there was seven trout there had to be a couple hundred more.hell out of them.  i did think a couple of times what the show would have been like if they also would have included james parker in the mix?  would have made a heck of a docu/comedy for sure.
I have to agree except for the last sentence, Hollywood likes good looking stars. 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2011, 07:39:29 am »
 :) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
tame or wild, i think we might be selling the shot a bit short.  while i think the shot was 1 in a 1,000,000, no one could have stuck the bull in a better place to bring it down concidering the fellows skill level.  i'll take luck over skill any day when it comes to surviving!  as to the other aspects of the show, the "experts" predict that millions if not hundreds of millions of people will starve if or when our civilization callapes due to plague or nuclear holocast because they won't have the stomach to eat what would need to be eaten to survive.  i think this show proved that beyound a doubt.  also, all that laying about by the lazy ones, would not be tolerated long in a true survival situation.  one of them may find themselves on the grill.  i almost fell out of my chair when the fellow said i'm not sleeping with any of them, why should i feed them.  makes you wonder where the true motivation was for paleoman.  the only part about the show that left me wondering was when the fellow said he had only eaten seven fish all week.  with all the miles of stream that had to be around, if there was seven trout there had to be a couple hundred more.hell out of them.  i did think a couple of times what the show would have been like if they also would have included james parker in the mix?  would have made a heck of a docu/comedy for sure.
I have to agree except for the last sentence, Hollywood likes good looking stars. 8)
Darn it, guess that counts a bunch of us out,LOL :o

Offline iowabow

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2011, 10:37:09 am »
I think a really good place to shoot a movie about pale life would be at twin oaks with people who can demonstration the years of knowledge they have learned about paleolithic skills. Just reading the post "life is good" is so entertaining.   There is so much going on in that camp almost everyday it is like a trade school for Paleolithic man.  I read about tanning, cooking, crafting, art, and the list goes on and on.  Each week could cover a different topic and then one could see how each item was used.  If it were me I would not let hollywood add all the drama BS but rather let the drama be about critical moments in building a bow , arrowheads or hunting scenes where a hunter has a dilemma and then the results and final out comes of those decisions.  All of the hands on learning from one generation to the next is a great story in and of its self.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 07:07:11 pm »
The heck with the movie, Pappy and the Gang could make a bunch of video's ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline iowabow

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 10:43:46 pm »
Ok make me down for season 1. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2011, 09:29:25 am »
Season one it is.  :) :) Production begins next week. :) Very low budget film. ;) ;D ;D and I mean very low budget. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:40 am »
Oh Lord I can see it now Pappy running around in a loin cloth with a club in his hand. ;D :o >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 10:54:08 am »
 :o ;D ;D ;D ;D Not likely Cracker.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 11:26:42 am »
A video on brain tanning would be cool!