Author Topic: My First Cedar Self Nocked Arrows  (Read 7733 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: My First Cedar Self Nocked Arrows
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 10:27:34 pm »
The wraps at the beginning and end of the feathers, as well as the nock wrap are all superglued down.  They won't be moving.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 10:38:57 pm »
why haven' ti done that yet.......
thanks
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline nyarrow

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 11:51:37 pm »
Great looking arrows! I hope you have better luck this weekend. My season doesn't open til next wk end. I grew up in TX hunting the North Central area. My biggest buck(s) to date have been taken there. Quick question regarding feathers. I know the primaries are ideal but are turkey tail feathers of any use?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 12:34:17 am »
Yes, but I have never used them.  All my tail fans so far have gone on the wall.  I think they look cool.  Search for 2fletch arrows.

I had a great hunt last night, the only thing that would have been better is if the deer had still been standing where my arrow went at the time it arrived.  I hunted from the ground and sat under a cedar tree with trails at 15', 15 yards and 25 yards.  I was hoping for the middle trail but he came down the nearest trail.  I got the shot off, but he saw me and bolted just as I released.  The arrow went behind him.  Then this morning a pair of hogs walked by just too far out for a shot.  I tried for a squirrel with that same arrow and, though he was facing away, he somehow moved in time for the arrow to hit air where he had been.  With our bobcat population, the squirrels are really spooky around the feeders.  I also had 2 hogs come in about 3am while I was hunting with the rifle and night vision scope.  They didn't stay long enough for me to get a shot off.  Fun times.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:05 am »
Quick question regarding feathers. I know the primaries are ideal but are turkey tail feathers of any use?

nya,

they sure are.  You can split them like primaries, just make sure you keep the sides separate.  i.e, if you have six tail feathers and split them and say you only get one fletch per side, you'd end up getting enough fletching for 2 arrows, one with left wingish style (vane prodrudes on right side of feather when looking down it from nock end) and one with right wingish style.  My favorite, though, is to use them on a woodland style two feather fletch.  Using two tail feathers with both sides intacked.  Search for woodland arrow threads on this page and you'll see what I'm sayin'.  Hope this helps ya, derik
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)