Author Topic: Marathon  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Marathon
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 04:51:26 pm »
Way to go Justin!  That's a big accomplishment.  I did 3, I thought the best was the Marine Corp. Marathon.  It was well worth making Washington DC a destination to run. 
That's a respectable time and about as fast as I ever finished. 
Congratulations!
1’—>1’

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »
just now saw this... Congrats Justin!!  Running a marathon is no easy task, kudos to you for finishing and with such a low time too.  :) I have always wanted to run one but lack the dedication or discipline to actually train for it even though I like to run a lot.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 08:26:27 pm »
Good for you Parnell, 3 is truly impressive. I am thinking about finding a new destination for my next one. This one is rated the most scenic marathon and is the 13th largest so I had to do it.

Josh, get up and get it done.

As for my time, well that is a whole other story. I am not going to complain about it, but I was hoping for a little faster. I had a few setbacks during training though. On June 15 I had heart surgery that kept me from running for 6 1/2 weeks right when I should have been at the peak of my training. Next marathon I am shooting for a faster time.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 12:16:21 am »
Congrats Justin!
Nothing like that first marathon!! It' a major acomplishment.  How did you feel around mile 22.  That is always the real gut check mile for me. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:11 am »
I actually felt pretty good at 22 other than wanting cold water but I had run a couple of 20+ training runs. I was at about mile 24 when I really started to wonder. It wasn't so much physical as it was psychological, but you probably know that.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:45 pm »
 Congratulations Justin-just finished my 4th one-The Milwaukees Lakefront Marathon-3hrs and 40 mins.-Hammertime

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 01:29:36 am »
Justin,

Congratulations on "finishing the race."  I ran cross country in high school and it's always a good feeling when you finish.

Cipriano 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 02:28:01 am »
Congratulations Justin-just finished my 4th one-The Milwaukees Lakefront Marathon-3hrs and 40 mins.-Hammertime
That is awesome. I ran my first training run for next years marathon today.  :D
Thanks Cipriano, and yes the finish line feels good.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 09:22:37 am »
Congrats Justin, big accomplishment ,Never ran a full one but use to do 1/2 marathons pretty regular.Love to get back at it but my knees played out.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:45 am »
Congratulations Justin, that's quite an accomplishment...one to be proud of!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Parnell

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »
Did the Cleveland Marathon, hit mile 20 and came out of the park onto the lakefront.  It went from 75 degrees and nice to about 45 with the wind howling off the lack for the last 6 miles.  Haven't done another since!
1’—>1’

Offline PatM

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 10:50:07 am »
Just seeing this when scrolling through the older posts. I don't come on this section much.
 Good to see there are a few other runners on here.
 Well done for getting it done, Justin.
 I've only done one as I am only really good at up to the half distance. 3:06 for the full and my best half is 1:18.
 Not hard to imagine how much my wheels fall off in the last 12 km.
 Tippy toeing along on quads that feel like hamburger. ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:58 pm »
Dang Pat, you were flying. Sounds like you are good at both distances. I have never run a 1/2, but I am going to run one in January. I am also planning 2 fulls and a Ragnar this year. Still undecided on the 100 mile ultra.

SW Utah

Offline Parnell

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 01:14:19 pm »
Ive got a buddy that did the 100.  I can't imagine where your mind goes, how many walls you hit.  Ooof.  The "Hell of the West" Death Valley one always amazes me.  I'll stick to my 3 milers now. ;D
1’—>1’