Author Topic: Bad C-Clamps!!  (Read 3764 times)

Offline WolfPupTee

• You don't understand what I'm doing, but I do.
    • The Artis Den
Bad C-Clamps!!
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:56:46 am »
You know you've got nothing but bows on the brain when you have nightmares like the one I just had. I was clamping a steamed piece of wood down but everytime I walked away they untightened! But finally I got them to the point where they would stay as tight as I screwed them and by that time it was dark out so I went to bed. Then next dream morning I woke up to find that the C- Clamps had repositioned the wood into the craziest twists and bends! Then I woke up in real life to find that my piece of wood was just fine still clamped the way I wanted. I hate nightmares.
Plays With Bow and Arrow

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Bad C-Clamps!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:34:38 am »
Welcome to the sickness ;D

When I was first starting out building bows, I read the TBB every night before falling asleep.  One night I woke up and I was standing in my bow shop downstairs :o
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 04:34:51 am »
One night I woke up and I was standing in my bow shop downstairs :o
at least it doesn't cause you to take a few more hours to do work( for me homework) because parts of arrows are calling to you to be put together, btw i'm working on a project right now,  >:D
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:39:36 am »
Wow you guys got it bad. Luckily I aint that bad I can quit any time I want. O:) >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:14 pm »
then why not right now, and while your at it so you wont be tempted send me all your wood and tools ;D
noel

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:58 pm »
at least it doesn't cause you to take a few more hours to do work( for me homework) because parts of arrows are calling to you to be put together, btw i'm working on a project right now,  >:D
noel

I'm the same way!   :D :D

Offline WolfPupTee

• The Artis Den
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:50:05 pm »
Welcome to the sickness ;D

You're quite the sleepwalker lol

Plays With Bow and Arrow

Offline okydoky

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 11:29:35 pm »
It can happen anytime: As I was being wheeled in to recovery, I began awaking from surgery, but I was dreaming that someone was reaching in my shop window and stealing a bow that was in stage 6 (whatever that is), so I was grabbing for his arm...needless to say, the nurses voice ordered me to stop reaching, that I was fine, etc. Talk about being imbedded in the mind!
Don't outsmart your common sense!

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:13 am »
remember how i was saying this stuff distracts me while im doing homework, well i now have an arrow drying and only half a french paper >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
noel

Offline Kpete

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:39:57 pm »
UH OH!  I thought I was the only one and it was a fluke the other night.  I tossed and turned all night, waking up and wondering about a BBI strapped to the form down in the garage.  But I thought it was the Salsa and not a chronic pathological condition.
Get this;  My wife asked me last night, "Just how many bows are you going to build!"   hahahahahahaha hohohohoho.
Said something to a friend on the phone about all the wood stacked around the house.  Can you  believe that?
And the UPS man hasn't even stopped since Friday!

Offline WolfPupTee

• The Artis Den
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 12:43:25 am »

Get this;  My wife asked me last night, "Just how many bows are you going to build!"   hahahahahahaha hohohohoho.
Said something to a friend on the phone about all the wood stacked around the house.  Can you  believe that?

:laugh:  Your wife sounds like my grandma. "That better be the last tree you bring in this house young lady!" or this one, "You're turning my house into a lumberyard" lol.
Plays With Bow and Arrow

Offline Kpete

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »
Yeah, last night I had a branch I brought in to do I D with field guides. Uh, forgot to take it back out. I have been married for 32 years so there have been whole snakes in the freezer, beaver fur, skulls, bulrushes, pine needles, and don't bring up the garage.
These are all symtoms of what my Bioloby prof said was a "questing mind".  That was being very kind!
Keep sawing.