Author Topic: Thinking, maybe, filling in with sinew would prevent firewood?  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Bryce H

Re: Thinking, maybe, filling in with sinew would prevent firewood?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 09:24:45 am »
George- I'm still gettin' up there, promise. Sorry it's takin so long, considering I live maybe an hour away?

Soy....it really was hard work, too. LOL I don't have a shop, or even a workbench...or even a draw knife for that matter. I have an apartment balcony, clamps to hold the bow to the balcony railing, and a large knife that I use as a draw knife.  ;D  I cannot wait until my girlfriend and I move into a house and I have a proper garage to work in, my life will be exponentially easier.

Offline TheWildCat

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 10:25:27 pm »
Don't fuel disappointment with more grief. Get a new stave and apply lessons learned. Make a fire with the busted stave. I feel your pain. Ifin ya don't have enoungh wood in that stave fer a fire, I have several failures, er or "Lessons" in the corner a my garage I can add to the pile. The failures make your success all the  more sweet when it happens. Stave 2 could be it. My first bow lasted about 2 months, before it experienced limb failore. Bow 2, I am still shooting after several years. After that several succeeses and failures. Fer some reason, I have become addicted to buildin em. Good Luck...TheWildCat
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 11:22:49 pm »
Firewood, sorry :(
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Bryce H

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 09:29:25 am »
Thanks, Wild Cat. Y'all are right....it's gettin the chop. Thanks for the advice.