Author Topic: Deer on the move!  (Read 1782 times)

Offline nyarrow

Deer on the move!
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:32:27 am »
I'm not sure about other areas...but W. NY is heating up. This week I have seen 6 buck's and countless doe. The young bucks are pushing the doe, a couple were sparring with each other and  a nice 8pt working a rub / scrape area. (60yds out teasing me the whole time) I'm being a little selective this early in the season but in time if late Nov. rolls around with no luck I'll end up filling my tags for the freezer.

Offline lowell

Re: Deer on the move!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:06 am »
Not much here in Il. moving yet, should start in a week or 2!

Good luck out there!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:51:55 pm »
I saw 3 bucks early Sat. morning here in central VA.  One was the biggest I have ever seen while hunting and it walked right under but behind my stand and I didnt have a shot.  I have started to see more deer dead on side of road in last week too
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline nyarrow

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:18:27 pm »
Went out tonight and saw 12 deer. 4 bucks and 8 doe. I actually shot over the matriarch doe (stupid). Tonight was the last night I would be able to hunt on this specific property so I wanted to walk away with some meat...unfortunately I only scared her to death. That's ok, I have plenty of season left in different locations. I have to miss out on the rest of this week and this week end as I will be traveling to NYC to participate in a charity "URBANATHALON" (a half marathon full of urban obstacles: taxi cabs, buses, police barricades, etc.)

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 05:21:34 pm »
THE BEST INDICATION IS THE NUMBER OF DEER HIT BY CARS...SEVERAL HAVE BEEN HIT THIS WEEK IN NW NORTH CAROLINA. THE NUMBERS WILL SLOWLY RISE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:44:46 pm »
  Here in Eastern Panhandle of WV. The pre-ruts JUSTTTTTTTTT starting. Day before yeasterday my youngest son Brier (10) sparred in his first buck a forkie. Snowed here all day 4"s but quit hour before dark.  I sparred in the same buck. Also grunted in a 1 horn spiker couple days ago.
  Around here the start of NOV untill the rut hits around 16,17 is my favoret time it's killed for calling.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING