Author Topic: Proud Daddy!  (Read 9674 times)

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
Re: Proud Daddy!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 04:36:04 pm »
Caedmon says "Thank you guys, I am glad you like to look at it." Wish you could have seen his smile as I was reading all the posts.
I thank you all too. What makes me more proud than just the fact that he wanted to build a bow, was his work ethic in doing it. Constantly asking me (yeah as if I have to be asked) to go out with him and work on his bow.
For those of you who have young boys, or girls for that matter, just remember to encourage them in what interests them, not you. I just happen to be lucky and have a boy who likes the same things I do (except he likes soccer).
God Bless,
Mark
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline MammaLou

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 05:30:15 pm »
 :) Great job Caedmon and Mark from one proud Gramma and Mom.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »
Dang, even kids make better bows than I can.  :D

Great job, Caedmon!  Looks like you made a fine Robin Hood.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »
Caedmon, that is a beautiful bow! You made my day. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 02:05:11 am »
Man that is sooooooo cool you could very well have one of the next world class self bowyers there! Great stuff!!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Dazv

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 01:07:33 pm »
well done to that young man

Offline thomas h

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »
perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Primitive1

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 04:28:15 pm »
Whoa!  Now THAT is absolutely priceless!!!  Certainly a most excellent job Caedmon!  The absolute coolest thing about making bows like you just did is that even many, many years later...it feels the same - way cool!  That's why we all dig it soooo much...great job young man!  Respect, P1.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Cedar Hill, MO

Offline Mark Anderson

• Mark Anderson Buckie, Scotland
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »
What would you all think about an article in PA on this build? I've got a lot of pictures, and thought maybe it could spur on some of the younger readers that don't build them to start building them?
What do you all think?
Mark
p.s. And if so how would I go about doing it? Like who to get the info to and such?
"Mommy some guys just don't know how to shoot REAL bows so they have to buy them, probably at Walmart and they have wheels on them."  Caedmon Anderson (4yrs)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 10:29:54 pm »
Caedmon:  Son, that is one of the rootin’-ist tootin’-ist roughest toughest riproarin’-ist English Longbows to ever cross the Rio Gran-de on this side of the Pecos Mountains. 

You did some real fine, excellent work there and you've made not only your daddy, but a whole bunch of us "bow guys" proud!  My hat's off to you.   ;)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 12:02:03 am »
Caedmon:  Son, that is one of the rootin’-ist tootin’-ist roughest toughest riproarin’-ist English Longbows to ever cross the Rio Gran-de on this side of the Pecos Mountains. 

You did some real fine, excellent work there and you've made not only your daddy, but a whole bunch of us "bow guys" proud!  My hat's off to you.   ;)
I could not have said it better my self!!! Well done ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 12:09:16 am »
Not only would that make a great P.A. article, but I think the pic of him with the Bowyers Bible in his hand is THE cover shot for the issue!  *hint*hint* Editors!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 12:36:26 am »
 Love it!

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 02:18:37 am »
Thanks for posting :D this is very cool, especially since he decided to write something here too. He is on his way to becoming a great archer and bowyer if he keeps it up. Congratulations on a very able young man and on a nice bow.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline adb

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 04:25:45 am »
Boys and girls who hunt, fish and trap don't mug little old ladies.