Author Topic: My favorite  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: My favorite
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 10:19:19 am »
George. That is some cool stuff. I have one from Eddie that is a nice center piece in a display.   On the pic of the twin. I already had that one sitting one my desk so I grabbed some tape for the finger and tried to get the same pic >:D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 11:10:58 am »
Doh...I didn't even catch that... :-[  Notice in the last pic I had 2 fingers taped.  That indirect percussion can really drive flakes into your knuckles if you aren't careful.  With the twin I protected the middle finger and cut the 4th finger.   At some point I'll just give up and bleed a lot. :D  I love the coral, it is cool stuff.  This piece had so many cracks in it I'm really surprised it got this far.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline TRACY

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 07:43:11 pm »
Very good looking point! I like them on the heavier side. Material resemble hornstone that I find in IN.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 01:08:02 am »
Thanks.  I snuck out to the shop again tonight and made another point.  This was a thin, curved spall.  Couldn't get the flakes to run very far with pressure.  Did get some good flakes with indirect percussion.  Perfect weight at 122 grains.  Had nice thin notches going and then stalled one right away.  Grrrrrrr.

George

St Paul, TX

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 01:16:11 am »
Thats a nice little point.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 11:02:18 pm »
Your coming right along there George! Nice flake pattern - nice and clean. Met up with Cipriano the other day. I need to get with you guys at the lease sometime.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 12:31:48 am »
Thanks.  I probably shouldn't host anything at the lease until deer season ends Paul.  I'd love to though.  If you guys want to come Dallas-way I'd be happy to meet in the shop.  Are you in the state these days?  You know, if I get down to the end of the season and haven't filled tags I might be able to get you or Mr C over to the lease to help me hang a tag on a doe or 2.  So far my tags are unpunched.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 01:15:49 pm »
Sounds good ifn i can find time as usual :). I'm in Durham, NC right now but will be around for the holidays. No huntin then either cause i'm getting my shoulder layed open to reatatch some sinew :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 03:20:14 pm »
What!!! There's only 1 thing sillier than having surgery during hunting season...getting married during hunting season.  That's a mistake that'll stay with you year over year... ;)  I got married in May. 8)

George
St Paul, TX