Author Topic: 3 Sisters Snakey Osage Revisited!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

3 Sisters Snakey Osage Revisited!
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:31:32 pm »
Let this be a tale of warning as this story has a sad AND happy ending.

I was never really satisfied with the final version of the 3 sisters snakey osage bow, mostly because of the light draw weight. I finally decided to do something about it and cut 1.5 inches off each end in order to up the draw weight. Initially the bow came back at 50#@29", PERFECT!!!...and then I noticed the tiller was no longer equal. The last thing I wanted was to risk a break because of bad tiller so I went about the tillering process again and somewhere in the middle I decided that the bow should turn evil.

Sad ending: In the process of reestablishing the tiller I lost all the draw weight I had gained AND THEN SOME. The bow is now pulling 35#@29", but the tiller feels (and looks) right on.

Happy ending: I REALLY REALLY love the snake skins and heads on this bow (diamondbacks). Makes me feel like I have two fighting serpents in my hands so the bow is still a pleasure to hold, shoot and, most of all, show off.

Offline Almostpighunter

Re: 3 Sisters Snakey Osage Revisited!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:33:41 pm »
More pics, sorry about the skinny pics above but my camera was set to a high res so I really had to crop to get them in under the 200kb limit.

Offline broketooth

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:34 pm »
what cool lookin bow! love what ya did with the skins. very unique idea.

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 11:23:29 pm »
Should be in a movie. 

You don't hunt with that quivor do you?  I'd be scared to.  Be like sweeping down range in a bullseye T-shirt.

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:37:19 pm »
That's a nice showpiece stick :)...too bad you couldn't keep a hunting weight with it,but its still prob a nice all day target shooter/head turner at your local range.

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 02:26:06 am »
@ Prairie Bowyer: LOL I hadn't thought of that when I made the quiver. I mostly use back quivers for target 3D stuff anyway, but I was going to make a side quiver out of the next hide I acquire...may rethink that now :) .

Offline Dazv

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:53:30 pm »
thats a real shame.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »
Cool looking super snake/snakes 8) looks mean  >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...