Author Topic: Surprise On Top of A Surprise  (Read 5469 times)

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
Surprise On Top of A Surprise
« on: July 23, 2007, 10:27:09 pm »
Want to share this special feeling about my first bow - seen earlier in this forum. Kinda like a cherry on a hot fudge sundae.

I did get my issue of the magazine in the mail today, and what a surprise and pleasant feeling - even after Curtis Keller's heads-up. They (PA) gave me a Runner-up spread just like a Winner's spread - never expected that. Nice comments from Ol' Bow and others; and GordonF, bless his heart, even wanted to give me his award. No way, Gordon my friend, but what a nice gesture. You are a Winner in lots more ways than just with bows. Thank you Primitive Archer, for your fine magazine, the ongoing competitions, and for my Special Mention.

With any luck, I will return with other bows I make, and real soon I will post pics of a sister bow made by my mentor Mike and finished by me (just for show and tell). I think you'll like it.

"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Surprise On Top of A Surprise
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:30:59 pm »
Bernie,They probally did it because it was a great looking bow.I'm glad PA did it,It was well deserved.Congratulations.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 10:58:28 pm »
I just got my issue yesterday, and espeically liked the bonus bow.  Nice job.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:48:11 am »
Bernie, With your contribution to archery, dinosaurs and all ;), you deserve recognition of some sort and being that this was your first bow is icing on the cake. 8) I haven't received my copy yet but I look forward to reading it when it gets here. ???
   Maybe with your "pull" at PA you could get them to speed up the delivery of my mag.  ;D
   You done good, my friend. Congratulations! ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ber643

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 07:43:54 am »
Thanks for the kind comments, guys. They mean a lot to me. Pat, I don't think my "pull" will help any there - LOL - Maybe your issue will show today!
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 05:58:08 pm »
I looked at it, and what a surprise, I'm even mentioned in it with very nice comments from Marvin and Pat.....nice guys. Bernie, I was glad to see that you were in there, quite an impressive bow.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 06:06:06 am »
Saw it last night Bernie,nice lay out and well deserved.Nice comments also From Pat and Marvin St Louis ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ber643

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 08:36:05 am »
Thank you too, Pappy.
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Gordon

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 12:06:34 am »
Just got back from a week of family camping and opened my PA magazine and saw your bow. I can't tell you how pleased I was to see it there. A fine bow from an even finer gentleman. Way to go Bernie!
Gordon