Author Topic: Wood cutting.Sat.  (Read 9816 times)

Minuteman

Re: Wood cutting.Sat.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:38 am »
You take care of him while yer cuttin wood like that , Greg. We don't wanna see him stumpin around at the classic with a wooden leg! Guess he could make one out of a piece of character osage with a hole in it! ;D :D

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:26 am »
Dang Pappy, don't go throwing out offers like that if you don't really mean it, I may just show up on your door step! :) How much is a non-resident licence fee? :)
Did that whole log roll over on your foot? ouch! :-\ I dropped a half split of elm (possibly the one I gave you guys.) from my truck bed on to my foot this spring, man did that hurt!!!! :P
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 10:10:15 am »
I'll have to check on the cost and let you know but I think it is a couple of hundred dollars
for the season,and and ant passing out invites that I don't mean,come anytime and if you let me know in time I will take off and hunt with you.Got 435 ac. and you are welcome,Trad. bows only but I know with you that ant a a problem .It was a 1/4 log that slid off one of the picnic
tables and caught my leg at the ankle between the log and the bushhog,It's much better today,just black and blue,the cut is healing already. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jpitts

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 01:38:42 am »
Glad to hear you're already mending Pappy. Must be that clean Mountain air  ;D. Those are sure pretty staves.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

tradrick

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 10:16:45 pm »
Glad to hear your okay Pappy.That's some heavy work ya'll did there.I just cut 31 sweet gum trees off my property this past weekend so I feel your pain.Although none of them were no were near half the size of that bad boy.That ain't by any chance bow wood for next years Tenn.Classic is it.Take care of your self tradrick

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 11:18:10 pm »
Dang Guys, that is some serious wood.  The last time I saw a truck that full it was leaving your place.  I cant believe you guys are talking hunting season already.  Its not fair.  :'(  You still got that big buck tied to the tree for me.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 05:48:46 am »
Ya tradrick,most of it is.We still have some of last years cutting but you can never have to much wood.justin my little Nissan was grunting especially on the 2nd load and I had that buck tied up
but he chewed the rope into,guess I will have to use a chain next time.I remember your truck it was loaded with Marie's Ash wasn't it. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 07:06:36 pm »
Nope, I decided that wasn't even worth hauling around and dumped it in your driveway.  ;D I had walnut hackberry, and a little of everything else though. Ill bring my chain saw and some cable for that buck.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 07:17:11 am »
I had to spray it down with bug spray and put another coat of sealer on it last night.It
pay to keep a close eye on any fresh wood when cut in the summer,This was getting
some little black bugs on it.Hadn't hurt it yet but if I hadn't caught it they could have
ruined it all in a shot time even with the bark off.Had the same thing last year they just
weren't as bad. :) Bring you cable and come on justin. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good