Author Topic: bow making "club" in kansas city  (Read 37380 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: bow making "club" in kansas city
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »
Definitely plent of room for camping. I've got a house there as well as a large outbuilding. I'll keep you postedas it gets closer.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
Dvshunter
and  anyone else who is interested.
we will be having a planning mtg tonite at bow making for a similar event outside baldwin ks.
we did it two yrs in a row then didnt do it last yr
this coming spring(more like late may) will not only be bowmaking but primitive skills as well.
primitive camping only, nice large firepit for cooling and keeping warm
we may have the barn ready so in case it rains we can work indoors, but thats not a fershure
well maintained outhouse
will post more detail here as we move forward
peace
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Tshank

• Its not always about the bigger stick...
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »
That was a lot of fun last night. Being, for the most part, city locked I actually got to see and touch tree stave. It was quite exciting and I really look forward to future meets. I'm also glad I got to share the city wonder of a basic board bow that went from backed "1 by" to almost floor tillered in the roughly 2 hours I was there. I think next time I go, it might even be ready for a trial shoot. I will also have to bring out some of my earlier board bows.
It. May be the first Wed of the new year before I make it back, but I do plan on coming back and will try to post when I plan on heading back. Look forward to seeing you all again.
Where there is a will, there is a way... and my way is a nice longbow drawing around 55#.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 10:52:44 am »
thanks for coming Tshank
look forward to shooting that bow

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 11:04:53 am »
KC is about 3 hours for me one way.So are you Dvshunter.I'll try to get there though sometime.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Patches

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »
Sadie,
  is there anyone attending the Wednesday evening meetings from KC MO or from east of KC?  I live about an hour southeast of the city and was just wondering if there is anyone else working on bows in this part of MO.
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 07:03:11 pm »
My place borders the prairie home conservation area near prairie home, mo ed and patches.

Sadie, ks might be an option for me. I was going to try for Tenn. And mojam this year. I haven't missed a mojam sincei started making bows.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 07:19:27 pm »
Sadie,
  is there anyone attending the Wednesday evening meetings from KC MO or from east of KC?  I live about an hour southeast of the city and was just wondering if there is anyone else working on bows in this part of MO.

most every one who comes regularly is from kc. and others from various burbs. cant think of anyone who comes from the southeast part of the city tho. one fella comes up from louisburg, another from north of cameron(like a 75 mile drive one way!). of course gun doc is from farther west of kc but drives a truck and when he's near kc he stops by. tshank who came for the first time last week is from south joco ks area. the core group lives in the heart of kcmo. another list member who comes periodically lives north of the airport. no, i do not think there is one person coming from yr area right now.

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 07:22:35 pm »
My place borders the prairie home conservation area near prairie home, mo ed and patches.

Sadie, ks might be an option for me. I was going to try for Tenn. And mojam this year. I haven't missed a mojam sincei started making bows.

we are not trying to replace mojam or any other event.
never intend to compete nor we will ever be as big.
the farm is too small for hundreds but we could easily have dozens....
prairie rattler will always be word of mouth and by invitation
and of course, all the good folks on pa are on the invitation list  :)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 07:38:22 pm »
I'll have to add it to my to do list. 8)

If I'm going to three, why not four right. >:D

Offline Patches

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 03:10:48 pm »
Dvshunter, I am kinda familiar with your area.  I currently live in Warrensburg, but used to live in Columbia.  I still hunt around Boonville.   Sadie, does your group meet every Wed. Night? If so I may have to run up there on evening.   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 03:30:50 pm »
yes, we meet every wed around 5 or 6
we will NOT be mtg next wed, the day after xmas, and we may not be mtg the wed following new years
tho im not sure about that one yet

we WILL be there tomorrow nite(wed dec 19th)

other than that we rarely miss a wed.
the wed of the week of mojam, the wed of the week of bois d arc
wayne and i are both gone
and we have missed a couple two yrs ago count of snow.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:54:51 am by sadiejane »

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 08:13:38 pm »
Dang..... Was plannin on comin day after Christmas...to far from Columbia when i gotta work next day... I'll get there someday
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 09:55:43 am »
Dang..... Was plannin on comin day after Christmas...to far from Columbia when i gotta work next day... I'll get there someday

sorry koan-most folks will not even be in town....

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:08 pm »
in case yall missed it in around the campfire, we are having some tees and hoodies made.

the first batch will be black.
to do other colors we need at least 6 committed to that color.
pm me if you want details
thanks