I prob won't pull it past 29" as there are some pretty severe knots and I don't want to blow it.
Can't be bothered to measure up the lower limb as it's nicely finished now and I don't want to be sticking masking tape on it and marking distances. It roughly follows the WoW dimensions in a similar way to the upper.
Not my dims are generally a tad over rather than under because ye cannae put the wood back on!
It wasn't a huge log prob' 7" diameter, the Yews were bing trimmed back so I'd guess it was some of the taller stuff being topped out.
This pic shows the worst knot, it showed on the belly but not on the back, so I didn't know where it went??!
As I worked the bow down, it became exposed as squarish knot of rotten wood showing on the side of the bow. I figured the only way to fill it was to clean out the rot then pack it with Yew dust & epoxy mix to provide a sound surface which I could then drill and peg. It took 3 pegs of 11/32" and a final one of 7mm to plug the hole, the pegs go in at and angle towards the belly and are about 3/8 to half inch long.
The redish tinge round the knot is a nice feature, there's a smilar knot on the other limb, which isn't quite so bad and has a very slight pinch. It's a wonder it holds up.
As the force draw plot is pretty linear, you could plt it and interpolate back to 32".
I'll see if I can do a ring count and tack it on the end of this post.
Ring count per inch is meaningless on this stave! (see below)
At the grip there is a 1/2" band of very tight rings on the belly 0.011" wide, then a band of wide rings upto a maximum of about 0.056" wide for another half inch, then as we aproach the back of the bow and the sapwood the rings go very tight again, which made trying to follow a ring on the back pretty tough.