Author Topic: muley hunt ???  (Read 2288 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
muley hunt ???
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:38:55 am »
So me and and friend would like to make a trip somewhere to do a muley hunt next year. Yup I'm thinking about next year already :). Any suggestions for a good area? We would be traveling from Michigan. I will be hunting primitive for sure, my friend on the other hand will bring his training wheels along on his bow. Thanks for any info, we do appreciate it.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline bowsandroses

Re: muley hunt ???
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 12:11:46 am »
I see nobody has answered you yet so I'll give it a try. I live over here in Oregon and I'd love to tell you to come hunt with me but am afraid I'd be the only thing you'd find to shoot at :o We used to have the buggers run'n thick every where but we seem to have a bad management problem. The Hunter pop, cougar, highway, and those blankity blank! head hunters( ones who kill for the horns out of season) has left our deer few and far between. I hear Montana. Idaho and Wyoming have the same trouble plus their unmanagable Wolf problem Which by the way are swim'n the mighty snake over on us :o. So with this said I'll have to say go south to Arizona, New mexico, Utah or Nevada. Hopefuly some one with knowledge of those areas will chime in. Now if you ever want to try your luck at Black tail give me a haller. Short stockey deer with a White Tail attitude on 45 plus degree vertical rain forest slopes and we can hunt them in the rut now thats fun( if you don't mind gett'n wooped and hooked.) >:D
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:18:15 am »
You ought to PM twistedlimb.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 10:54:33 am »
Lots of places to hunt mule deer in Wyo.  There are some things to consider.  Hunting in certain areas requires a licensed guide.  Drawing for out of state tags is now! Lots of areas are general licenses.  Since some great mule dear hunting is on private land, hunting with a bow may get permission from the land owner.  There are basically three types of land areas where you can hunt.  Mountains, river bottoms and hay fields, and badlands. Hunting each of these areas has its own challenges and you must be prepared to walk. Very little tree stand hunting opportunities for mule deer.  Lots of BLM and State ground where you can hunt without permission. You must decide what area you plan to hunt as tags except general tags are issued for a specific area.  If you are interested in hunting Wyoming you should get on the internet @ http://gf.state.wy.us.  Good Luck   A/Ho Joe 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 01:12:39 pm »
Thanks for all the insight guys!!! I do appreciate it! i'll be checking into wyoming more for sure, and maybe I will pm twistedlimb. Thanks again all!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 01:27:00 pm »
Here is a reason to hunt Wyoming >:D >:D >:D
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 03:14:11 pm »
Good reason, what'll he go 26" maybe seldom see that in Oregon anymore. cool pic. 8)
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour