Author Topic: Im filming a ELB/EWB documentary  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Will Carothers

Im filming a ELB/EWB documentary
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:37 pm »
Hey everyone, this is my first post here but ive been frequenting tradgang and paleoplanet, and at all ive been requesting help for a new project im working on. I am filming a documentary on how the english warbow changed the course of britain's history. Ive been directed here by many of them.

Can any of you who have extensive knowledge on the subject, ideas on what i should incorporate, or ideas on who i should contact, please comment or send me a PM, it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Dane

Re: Im filming a ELB/EWB documentary
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
I'd also like to know about the project. What is your production company, have you made deals to have it broadcast in the states or overseas, how large is the budget, your film credentials before this, what kind of audience is this targeted to, etc. Are you the director, the producer, are you above or below the line, and so on. What kind of talent do you have lined up for in front of the camera, and is this a historical show or a popular show like Deadliest Warrior or some of the other History Channel stuff? I hope you dont mind my asking, but someone else will if you are serious about this. I guess the biggest creative question though is what kind of new ground are you covering?

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: Im filming a ELB/EWB documentary
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:21:09 pm »
I certainly don't have extensive knowledge on the subject, but I would like to see the ELB in the daily life context.  What it meant to be an archer, a bowyer, a dowler, a fletcher during that time.  I feel like that is totally missing from most of what I have seen on the history channel, etc.  Although it should no doubt be compared to the crossbow, so that it is plain for everyone to see the many advantages the ELB offered over other technology of the time.  Just my 2 cents. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso