Author Topic: My wifes Yew Bow if finished  (Read 2967 times)

Offline coaster500

Re: My wifes Yew Bow if finished
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:27 pm »
Thank you !!

Keenan, John it has a sixty per inch I was told? It was not considered premium by the man I purchased it from and I have another like it but it has less natural deflex than this one did. Lena seems to like it but as far as shooting, we'll see? I hope she will start. There is a 3d walk about next Sunday maybe I can get her to go?

BakhSA, it started when this sad little face stuck her head in the shop door and gave me the sad "you still in here look". In total honesty I did this with some selfish reasons to ( I know I'm a bad guy :(  ). I figured I'd better do something when I saw this face......

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline bolsjedyr

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 11:27:51 am »
Really nice bow :-)
She looks happy with it and with good reason.
I would consider it a heavy bow for most women and given that it looks like she is elevating her shoulders on the photos, I'd say go easy on the training and remember to do your warm-up - You don't want her to get injured.

Have fun together :-) - I wish my wife would try shooting with me - but at least my daughter has the bug :-D
If two men are to compete, it should be in archery. As they face the same direction, trying to accomplish the same goal, it is the most civilized of sports." Confucius

Offline PeteC

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 11:56:07 am »
Very nice bow Coaster,she ought to really like it. I know that "look" as well,and it sounds like you handled it correctly. ;) God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline coaster500

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »
bolsjedyr, I'm with you I have some rubber bands for warm up. I Tillered the bow for a 28" draw and though I'm not sure were Lena's final draw length will be I think she will be in the low 20# range at her final draw length. I tillered it to 28 in case I can't get her to shoot it or she looses interest? I hope not but you never know??? Right now it looks like a go!!! My daughter shoots but lives quite a ways from me but she lives in the country and we stump shoot together when I visit :)

PeteC, mercurial in thought I'm not but every once in a while I do something that works :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)