Author Topic: What would you do? . . . DONE . . . Meet Eve:)  (Read 26672 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: What would you do? . . . got present in the mail:)
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »
Glad to help!  Josh

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2012, 11:31:46 pm »
gun doc that bow in your drawing looks pretty darn close to k hat's Nice draw up

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline k-hat

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2012, 10:56:58 am »
Alrighty, did a little more this morning before i apply the rawhide, wanna getr as close as possible before i do.  Followed Doc's advice, using a leather wedge:

How's she look?  I'm still thinking the outer thirds are too stiff, but it may just be the curves tricking my eyes?

Offline Josh B

Re: What would you do? . . . tiller check
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2012, 12:08:49 pm »
If those outer limbs are stiff ,it ain't by much!  Looks darn good to my eyes.  Josh

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »
Get some rawhide on that before it blows on you. Your good to go.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2012, 12:32:47 pm »
Alrighty then!! I'll get right on that  ;)

Thanks, y'all are awesome.  Yeehaw!

Offline k-hat

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2012, 10:27:40 am »
Well now she's been rawhided and set up a few days and back to tillering.  I went ahead and stained the rawhide soon as it was dry so i wouldn't have to wait again.  Here's where she stands on a 5.5" brace, out to 20" draw:

Whachyall think? i can't get past the stiffness in the outers (or what appears to be stiffness).  She draws sweet and shoots nicely.  No torquing or tilting in the hand as i draw.  Coming in a little under weight.  I'll let my wife feel it out and pike if necessary.

Lemme know your thoughts, and thanks!!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2012, 11:26:10 am »
Scrape that dark spot on the right side about 15-20 times, just that 6-7" area. Then I say draw it to your intended length and see what happens. No mattter what ,it wont be violent with rawhide on the back!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »
Wow, can't believe i didn't see that, it's plain as day now.  I guess i was so focused on the reflexed part next too it i completely ignored it.  Thanks, i'll see if i can do that at lunch today and see what happens!! 

I feel like she'll make it just fine, sure hope i'm right ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:34 pm »
Rawhide is amazing stuff.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2012, 04:53:46 pm »
Well, i've pulled her back to 23", wincing every time i do, and i gotta say she's turned me into a fraidy cat!  I'm tryna get to 25, and i believe because of they way the string angle is working out, she's starting to stack a little.  I REALLY don't wanna lose this one, but what will be will be. 

Seems i remember reading in TBB about this same feeling, as the bow starts to stack, the sudden increase in forces makes you feel like she's reaching her limit, when it's simply string angle.  now I know how that feels :o

Well, i'll post back when i've manned up and pulled to 25 :)

Offline k-hat

Re: What would you do? . . . gun shy:/
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2012, 05:07:55 pm »
Alrighty, got my courage up and pulled to 25" and.  . . . still together!!   I'll get a pic up soon as i can  ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »
Just pull the dang thing to 25" and be done with it! Its going to break at 25" now or later if its going to break at all. You can worry all you want and it wont help Kevin. Give the wood more credit man! Its tough stuff.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13:20 pm »
I know it, but you know how it is when you're coming off a bad relationship lol

Anyhow, guess you were posting as i was that last one.  She's doing fine, as i hoped and you knew ;)

Gonna see if i can run home and snap a full draw pic.  May not have to pike her after all, feels like a good weight for m'lady. :D

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »
Just pull that thing to 26 so you wont be closing your eyes every time you shoot it ;D ;)

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)